Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC, OT, late model headlight fogging
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom
Mine are not too bad yet, but are getting worse. A friend lent me his used kit and I tried a very small area. Really very little change. This kit is called Fast Brite and is a two step process. Polisher, then protectant. Anyone tried something that works better or any hints to make it better? Maybe a buffing wheel for the polish?
Thanks in advance,
Tom
mgp4591
QUOTE(Tom @ Aug 16 2015, 06:06 PM) *

Mine are not too bad yet, but are getting worse. A friend lent me his used kit and I tried a very small area. Really very little change. This kit is called Fast Brite and is a two step process. Polisher, then protectant. Anyone tried something that works better or any hints to make it better? Maybe a buffing wheel for the polish?
Thanks in advance,
Tom

Seems like lots of companies have their own version of what you need. Meguires, Mothers and Armor All are the ones that come to mind and I'd think a big name would have a reputation to protect and may have a superior product. Look up consumer reviews on Google before buying anything
Mark Henry
Polish it with mosquito repellant, the good stuff with lots of DEET, Deep Woods Off or Muskol.
Spray it (or pour) onto a clean white rag and hand polish. Wash surrounding paint well when done.

Google it if you don't believe me, rolleyes.gif
I've personally done this, it works.
Better and cheaper than a kit.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 16 2015, 07:12 PM) *

Polish it with mosquito repellant, the good stuff with lots of DEET, Deep Woods Off or Muskol.

Just make sure to wash your hands after using that- DEET is very toxic and wouldn't be good for you! barf.gif I'd never heard of that before- does it keep the bugs off your headlightsl? lol-2.gif
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 16 2015, 09:16 PM) *

Just make sure to wash your hands after using that- DEET is very toxic and wouldn't be good for you! barf.gif I'd never heard of that before- does it keep the bugs off your headlightsl? lol-2.gif

Ummmm......it's mosquito repellant, it made to be sprayed on your skin....
mgp4591
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 16 2015, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 16 2015, 09:16 PM) *

Ummmm......it's mosquito repellant, it made to be sprayed on your skin....

Okay... don't lick your fingers then.... confused24.gif I was thinking DDT- very different stuff, sorry.
Tom
Thanks for the tip, Mark. I'll get some of that stuff and try it on a small area. It looks like from the google search that it is good to wash that stuff off real good after using on the lens.
Tom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.