Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Craigslist ad.......1976 for $25000 thoughts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
Does not look like a 915 transaxle to me. $25k for a V8? The car would need to be perfect and this one is not.
Jett
I like the cow like paint smile.gif very unique.
Blue6
76, limited market due to smog. Won't be welcome in Ca. Believe this was for sale not long ago, maybe on eBay...
Steve
Gear box is a standard 914 side shifter with a billet intermediate plate. That's why they disabled 1st gear.
Hank914
QUOTE(Jett @ Aug 16 2015, 09:43 PM) *

I like the cow like paint smile.gif very unique.

agree.gif

YeeHaw!! Moo!!

Is this Gateway Computer's CEO Ponytail Ted's car?

Or maybe the famous Chick-fil-a Cows own this?

Either way, it looks solid!

Positively bovine!
matthepcat
I would say its worth 6-8k. That is not a 915.
Andyrew
6-8 for a solid runner is a bit low IMHO. But I say 8-10.

Biggest negatives for me are

1. stock interior
2. louvered front hood with cut trunk bottom and massive fender cutouts
3. Ugly paint
4. under suspension sway bar
5. its a 76, has 76 bumbers and is narrow body.. A narrow body car needs to look stock to look good. An odd paint scheme needs to have a "theme"

Pursang
Not my cup of tea, er, milk. If you wanted to spend $25K on a V8 conversion in something it was not originally intended for, I think you could do better than using a 914 for a donor chassis. There are some pretty solid muscle cars out there for $25K. Just sayin'.
matthepcat
Yea I guess for CA that is my rating.

76 can't pass smog easily.
Ugly paint
Old conversion
Hole cut in the floor pan and the fenders for venting.
Aluminum cooling pipes which I am not a fan of.
I look at it as a low rust chassis.
Andyrew
QUOTE(Pursang @ Aug 16 2015, 11:26 PM) *

Not my cup of tea, er, milk. If you wanted to spend $25K on a V8 conversion in something it was not originally intended for, I think you could do better than using a 914 for a donor chassis. There are some pretty solid muscle cars out there for $25K. Just sayin'.

Properly setup, the 914 is an excellent v8 chassis. You just need 15k in suspension and tires/wheel/brakes/body to make that happen. Feels really nice with about 400hp.
porschetub
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 17 2015, 05:04 PM) *

I would say its worth 6-8k. That is not a 915.

Maybe 10k if the box was a 915,you would be a bit nervous with the 914 one with that engine power surely.
This car is a perfect case of the owner spending the money and then expecting to get it back @ resale,the paintwork will also limit buyers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.