Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking bout parting my 914 and subi engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
All to buy my long sought after OPEL GT.

Anyone need any parts ? or a decent shell ? Or an EG33 ?

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jason_is_...rt=3&page=1
flmont
Iam trying to do a suby 14 what is avaliable,i need everything..
mgp4591
QUOTE(got914? @ Aug 16 2015, 11:03 PM) *

All to buy my long sought after OPEL GT.

Anyone need any parts ? or a decent shell ? Or an EG33 ?

http://s188.photobucket.com/user/jason_is_...rt=3&page=1

I can understand your passion but have you ever tried fitting into an Opel GT? I've worked on a couple of them and I had a very hard time fitting into the seat, not to mention operating the pedals or not having the wheel on my knees. I'm only 6'2" so I wish you luck- IMHO the 914 you're into now will do everything better than your best design concepts in an Opel GT. They're way cool looking though and best of luck whatever you decide! popcorn[1].gif
914forme
Nice it has a trailer hitch, can I work out a package for the jet skis, also. lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment

If it is your dream car go for it!

What do you want for the package? And in reality this should be in the classified section.
MSHax
Ahhh the Opel GT.... That was my first car. Mine was about 11 different colors. It was when I lived in Michigan so the car was about 20% metal, and 80% rust, every time to took off the seat would fall backwards because the floor mounts rusted out. Here's the fun part, I had no gas pedal! I had a cool algorithm of movements I performed to get the car down the road; push in clutch, put into gear, pull the string attached to the carb, release clutch, release string, push in clutch, shift gears, pull string release clutch...ahh...good times. Can't expect too much for a $50 car.

Despite all that, I loved that car, and often check online to see if anyone is selling one.
got914?
Car doesnt have a hitch, lol
Just a well placed set of jet skis, lol
Tom_T
IMHO you'll miss the better driving abilities of the 914 with any engine, over the Opel GT, having driven both - my 73 2L & one of my old 1970's GF's Dad's GT at the same time... err, back to back all the time.

While I love the "mini-Vette" Opel & my 1st car was a base 1.1L Opel Kadett Notchback Coupe, I'd rate the 914 much better driving car, better investment, etc.

So unless your 914-subie project is a basketcase, you may want to rethink this sale before it goes to the classifieds! Otherwise, I predict a return to the 914s at a later date - whether as an addition to this GT tantelizing you or replacing it!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
Personally I'd forget about a 914 innovation project and just make (or buy) one that runs. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.