Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jetsetsurfshop
I came to my parents shop today and my dad is doing an inspection for a customer of his. I guess this guy is ready to sell his 914-6. Heres what I've been told about the car.
original owner
original paint
60,000 miles
the customer seems to think its the first 914-6 in the US.
I would like to own it, but its way to nice for me.

WHY I'M NOT ON THE CLASSIFIED PAGE
I'm not selling this car, my dad is helping the customer with the sale. I just thought someone out in the "World" would like a shot at this car. PM me if you want my dads info.

JmuRiz
Interested, of course...If only I had the bags of money to buy it....but I don't sad.gif
iwanta914-6
Guessing seller is looking at six figures, right?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Heres a pic i took last night
Chris H.
Is that WATER on the roof???? It's RUINED NOW!!! hissyfit.gif WTF.gif biggrin.gif

Kidding. Thanks for sharing. So few of those low mileage, original owner, original paint cars left. Investment grade for sure. Unfortunately too nice to drive much.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 17 2015, 11:29 AM) *

Unfortunately too nice to drive much.

Bah, If I had the money to throw around, I would buy it and drive it hard!
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Aug 17 2015, 08:12 AM) *

Guessing seller is looking at six figures, right?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I have no idea on the price. confused24.gif The owner could have it listed already on another board. I just felt like someone here would want it.
Jetsetsurfshop
The only other picture I have.
That goofy dude in the pic is me. bye1.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 17 2015, 08:52 AM) *

What's the VIN? That would tell if it is indeed the 1st.

#2 here & #2 off the line (non-prototype - IIRC it's #11 including them) is and Orange 914-6 owned by a guy here in SoCal.

Thanx for sharing! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Mark Henry
Of course it would need a PPI, but that might be worth getting a loan for. smile.gif
iwanta914-6
Is it odd for a -6 to not have fog lights?
Jetsetsurfshop
found the vin # 9140430172

My dad just spoke with the owner and it sounds like he has a couple of PCA members that are interested.
The owner also said its not sold yet. If someone on the world wants it, he's all ears.
stugray
If it is truly the FIRST 914-6 in the US, then I would also contact AA (Automobile Atlanta).

They have a collection that would benefit from having that.
JmuRiz
Good lord no.....
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 17 2015, 01:08 PM) *

found the vin # 9140430172

My dad just spoke with the owner and it sounds like he has a couple of PCA members that are interested.
The owner also said its not sold yet. If someone on the world wants it, he's all ears.

Let the bidding war begin!
stugray
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 17 2015, 12:27 PM) *

Good lord no.....

So the people with probably the #1 nicest 914 collection in the world is not worthy of having the first US 914-6?

Hmmm.... shades.gif

stirthepot.gif
iwanta914-6
I just found this after searching that VIN in the database.

QUOTE(Racer @ Aug 20 2013, 08:47 PM) *

QUOTE(sixerdon @ Nov 29 2010, 01:38 PM) *

So the oldest 914 (dealer imported?) in the US has been selected by PCNA. It's a 1970 914/6 #0172 and located in Florida. I guess they didn't research our data base.
Someone should at least add it for the record. At least it's alive and looks good. Any one know the car/owner?

Look here;
https://porsche.promo.eprize.com/classic/di...ge?page=gallery

Don

Sorry to wake an old thread. That car is my dad's. Bought it new back in 1970. Still loves it and drives it!

Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Aug 17 2015, 05:52 PM) *

I came to my parents shop today and my dad is doing an inspection for a customer of his. I guess this guy is ready to sell his 914-6. Heres what I've been told about the car.
original owner
original paint
60,000 miles
I would like to own it, but its way to nice for me.

WHY I'M NOT ON THE CLASSIFIED PAGE
I'm not selling this car, my dad is helping the customer with the sale. I just thought someone out in the "World" would like a shot at this car. PM me if you want my dads info.

The son is a 914world member and a 914 owner if I understand his posts right.
So this gentleman wants to sell that original car, which he bought 1970 ??? I cannot believe this. If this is really the case, something must be wrong there in the family idea.gif
ThePaintedMan
Shane and his dad Keith are good folks. Keith did the work on my car and knows his stuff. He has worked on this car too and could give you the PPI. One of the best mechanics I have met - I've learned a lot in the short time I've known him. And Shane might call himself goofy, but I'm glad to call him a friend. beerchug.gif
Mikey914
Sure Id love to own it, but n all fairness to the owner, he should probably take it to auction. There will be plenty of interest on the car. If its half the car it looks I'd throw $35k at it, but I'm sure others would pay more, just what I can afford. He has picked a good time to sell.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 17 2015, 03:57 PM) *

Sure Id love to own it, but n all fairness to the owner, he should probably take it to auction. There will be plenty of interest on the car. If its half the car it looks I'd throw $35k at it, but I'm sure others would pay more, just what I can afford. He has picked a good time to sell.

Agreed, at auction this car could bring $100K+ if everything is in order. I just keep thinking about that rusty barn find bringing in over $30k on ebay...
ConeDodger
Glenn Stazak owns a lower VIN# car that was converted to a race car by Ralph Meaney. Not sure if it was originally sold in the US market but the VIN is about 100#'s lower. 4702900076

Never mind. First six... blink.gif

Plenty lower VIN#'s listed that are in the US and some indicate they were originally purchased in the US. Not sure how you would disprove the claim that it was the first in the US...
flyer86d
I know the car and the owner from my NNJR-PCA days although I haven't seen it in years since we moved to Vermont and they moved to Florida. It was always a very nice car. They had multiple Porsches and did not have to use them as daily drivers and they were perfectly maintained. I found a picture of our first 914 on their trailer at Lime Rock around 1980 after it blew up and they towed it home for us. I think that was the same fateful weekend that my sister flipped her and her husbands hot rod 914 2.0 in West Bend at Lime Rock.

Glad to see they are still around but as we get older we have to make decisions. My uncle recently sold the 356C that he bought new in 1964.... When you realize that either your kids have no interest or you can't split it in two...

Charlie
gms
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 17 2015, 04:06 PM) *

Glenn Stazak owns a lower VIN# car that was converted to a race car by Ralph Meaney. Not sure if it was originally sold in the US market but the VIN is about 100#'s lower. 4702900076

Never mind. First six... blink.gif

Plenty lower VIN#'s listed that are in the US and some indicate they were originally purchased in the US. Not sure how you would disprove the claim that it was the first in the US...

I have 914.043.0012 the second production 914/6 (according to Porsche but not Andy biggrin.gif ) it is a Euro car.
I am pretty sure 914.043.0029 was a US delivery car
gms
Just did some checking and #35, #36 and #41 are all US delivery cars for sure...regardless this is a nice looking car!
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Aug 17 2015, 12:39 PM) *

Shane and his dad Keith are good folks. Keith did the work on my car and knows his stuff. He has worked on this car too and could give you the PPI. One of the best mechanics I have met - I've learned a lot in the short time I've known him. And Shane might call himself goofy, but I'm glad to call him a friend. beerchug.gif

Thanks George for the nice words about my dad and I. We look forward to sharing some quality seat time at Sebring soon!! driving.gif
Cairo94507
That is a very nice car as it is depicted. If the rest of the car is as nice as what we can see so far, that is a high-dollar Six. I hope it stays here in the USA and gets the attention it deserves to keep it around for another 45 years. first.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 17 2015, 03:48 PM) *

That is a very nice car as it is depicted. If the rest of the car is as nice as what we can see so far, that is a high-dollar Six. I hope it stays here in the USA and gets the attention it deserves to keep it around for another 45 years. first.gif

agree.gif

Ill try to share some pictures of it soon.
Johny Blackstain
I hate it, because it's not in my garage dry.gif White with a tan interior is my favorite combo. I agree that if it's as nice as described here it's going to be a high dollar six.
carr914
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2015, 06:21 PM) *

Just did some checking and #35, #36 and #41 are all US delivery cars for sure...regardless this is a nice looking car!

#138 is 2 Blocks away from me - owned by the biggest douche-nozzle ever - that's me in the picture not the D-N!

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2015, 03:15 PM) *
(according to Porsche but not Andy biggrin.gif )

poke.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
gms
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 17 2015, 07:32 PM) *

QUOTE(gms @ Aug 17 2015, 03:15 PM) *
(according to Porsche but not Andy biggrin.gif )

914_teener
It looks to me like a very nice six....but now I.m wondering:

If one were a douch bag it would seem to me it would be better to be a nozzle then the bag part. idea.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Dash sorry about the photo being upsides down. I phone always does this!!
rick 918-S
Sent a link to this thread to a guy I know that is in the market and not a tire kicker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.