Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for info on this Scheel seat.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I purchased this seat out of a 914 that was heading to the crusher. It has really cushy side bolsters and is different from a GT seat from what I can tell. The head rest matches a 914 seat. I am wanting to get it reupholstered with the basket weave to match my fixed passenger seat.

Can anyone tell me more about this seat?

What years were they produced?

Does anyone sell replacement Scheel badges for the seat?

Does anyone have any photos of this seat redone in basket weave so I can show the upholstery shop? Any photos installed in a car?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ConeDodger
Search Bumblebee Racer Michael. That is the seat(s) that were in the BBR. They are huge money in good shape.

There should be lots of pictures in the threads about the BBR...
914Sixer
That is a 911/356 seat NOT the 914 one. They do not fit correctly in the 914. There is TOO much back angle and are NOT contoured for the back wall.
GeorgeRud
I had one back in the 70s, and I seem to remember it was a Scheel 114. Very nice seat for a 914, though the side bolster took a beating getting in and out of it.

Mike Fitton had it reupholstered and it is currently residing in his six, so perhaps he can provide some photos.
porschetub
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 18 2015, 10:09 AM) *

That is a 911/356 seat NOT the 914 one. They do not fit correctly in the 914. There is TOO much back angle and are NOT contoured for the back wall.

I think you are right there Mark,certainly looks like a 911 seat,not sure if I have seen them in a 356 perhaps the "C'' as that would be the right era.

However repaired and recovered they are worth HUGE money,saw an average one a while back on ebay for 2K and it sold.
Michael N
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 17 2015, 12:52 PM) *

Search Bumblebee Racer Michael. That is the seat(s) that were in the BBR. They are huge money in good shape.

There should be lots of pictures in the threads about the BBR...

I searched and found a lot of great pictures of the exterior. Man that was such a cool car. I however did not find any pics of the seats. The WCR photos from 2007 sure did bring a smile though.

I was able to find a little more by searching Scheel 114. The wealth of knowledge here never cease to amaze me.

Click to view attachment
BIGKAT_83
Got a couple of scheel seats done in leather not basket weave. Im away from home now but can get some pictures mounted in the car later in the week.

Heres my stash biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 17 2015, 08:25 PM) *

Got a couple of scheel seats done in leather not basket weave. Im away from home now but can get some pictures mounted in the car later in the week.

Heres my stash biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sorry bout the hijack

sweet stash! is that all in leather?
those doors look bitchin is there an interior handle/pull for the pass side?
dangrouche
Here are my Konig seats done by Harolds Upholstery in Palo Alto in December 2013; the out the door price was about $1200 for the completed set in Mercedes vinyl and I specified the spacing of the pleats. My understanding is that the Scheel and Konigs are somehow related or rebranded?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=226940
ConeDodger
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Aug 17 2015, 10:17 PM) *

Here are my Konig seats done by Harolds Upholstery in Palo Alto in December 2013; the out the door price was about $1200 for the completed set in Mercedes vinyl and I specified the spacing of the pleats. My understanding is that the Scheel and Konigs are somehow related or rebranded?

I think one bought the other. Pretty sure it was Konig in the end...
maf914
QUOTE(dangrouche @ Aug 17 2015, 06:17 PM) *

I have a pair of the Konig versions, original condition since new, with very little wear and very little sun/weather exposure, but they have the same problem shown in your photos with the ribbed fabric on the seat cushion coming away from the padding underneath. Just as in your photos the fabric is loose and wrinkled. No wear or abuse, just loose. Irritating to say the least. I need to find someone to do a repair.

My Konigs are black vinyl with fabric inserts on the back and seat cushions.
Mike Fitton
Here are some pictures of my Scheel seat that used to be George's.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.