Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jim McLeod's Missing car part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
type47
Hi everyone. This is Jim McLeod's wife. As I'm sure you have learned, Jim passed away on July 15th after 2 bypass surgeries and continued graft failures. Shortly before this I went with him to see about the progress being made on some Porsche part. I didn't go inside with him and really don't know where we were. He took this part to the shop on the recommendation of someone in the "Porsche World"! The shop had this for a long time and had just gotten to working on it. Apparently the person that recommended this shop also waited a long time. I don't know if this rings a bell for anyone but I know Jim would want me to get his part and bring it home to his garage. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks for any insight.
Barbara McLeod
Mikey914
I just searched the threads he had started and didn't see anything. Your best bet is to check the messages, I'd suspect he had some conversation via PM that may help figure out what he wanted.
Mark
BeatNavy
Hi Barbara,

I think he may have had some Heads over at Intersport in McLean. Let me see if I can find the thread on that. I remember him mentioning that it was taking forever.

rob c
BeatNavy
Yes, I think this is where he mentioned sending a mag case to Intersport last year.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2171289

If I can help, please PM me.
rick 918-S
We will all miss Jim here. If you want to read some of his posts you can find them. Here's how.

Click on the type47 above the peddle car picture. when you get to the next page you will see "profile Options" on the top right side. Click on that and you will see a drop down menu. If you click on find a members topics you can read what he posted over the years.

Sorry for your loss. Post and let us know if we can help you and your family in any way.
zymurgist
Sorry for your loss. sad.gif

I have one of his old cars, the white one named "Babydoll."
JmuRiz
Sounds like it was tracked down, Intersport has it.
whitetwinturbo
beerchug.gif
Great work folks....sorry to hear another 914 guy gone....
jimkelly
that must be correct because rod and i went to 4 shops in the sterling area and no one had a clue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.