Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need Ethanol Free Gas Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Like it says, I need Ethanol Free Fuel.

I purchased a $600 pressure washer from Home Depot and it says "Do Not Use Ethanol Fuel"!!! Well I did but I bought new fuel every time I used it (every other week) and ran it out of fuel each time it was filled up. Well 3 1/2 months later it stopped starting. I shipped it in for warranty and they said it was "Bad Gas".

After fighting with Home Depot for 2 months they gave me a new one. So now I want to find a source for Ethanol Free Fuel so they won't void my warranty. Home Depot sells a one gallon can of 4 stroke Ethanol Free Fuel for $19.98, and I refuse to pay that!

Help....... headbang.gif
Elliot Cannon
Try a marina. They sometimes sell ethanol free fuel for boats.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 17 2015, 04:07 PM) *

Try a marina. They sometimes sell ethanol free fuel for boats.

agree.gif
Bruce Hinds
go to

http://pure-gas.org

then select the state for all the listings.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Bruce Hinds @ Aug 17 2015, 03:46 PM) *

go to

http://pure-gas.org

then select the state for all the listings.

I looked that up and there is nothing within 100+ miles.

I live on the water next to the marina but they don't have it.

Still looking.
carr914
Home Depot sell Pint Bottles of Non Ethanol! Expensive as hell to buy it that way though
matthepcat
Can't you get that at the airport? ( Like small local airports)
Mike Bellis
I think the 100 octane race gas in Sonol is Ethanol free. $10 per gallon though... dry.gif
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 17 2015, 04:46 PM) *

I think the 100 octane race gas in Sonol is Ethanol free. $10 per gallon though... dry.gif

$10 a gallon is half the price of Home Depots $19.98 a gallon!!

Maybe I will try Byron Airport!! Good Idea!
pvollma
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 17 2015, 05:08 PM) *

Like it says, I need Ethanol Free Fuel.

I purchased a $600 pressure washer from Home Depot and it says "Do Not Use Ethanol Fuel"!!! Well I did but I bought new fuel every time I used it (every other week) and ran it out of fuel each time it was filled up. Well 3 1/2 months later it stopped starting. I shipped it in for warranty and they said it was "Bad Gas".

After fighting with Home Depot for 2 months they gave me a new one. So now I want to find a source for Ethanol Free Fuel so they won't void my warranty. Home Depot sells a one gallon can of 4 stroke Ethanol Free Fuel for $19.98, and I refuse to pay that!

Help....... headbang.gif

I use products from Bell Performance in my 76 2.0, 88 300SEL and snowblower, with no problems. Not affiliated with them, just a customer.
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 17 2015, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Aug 17 2015, 04:46 PM) *

$10 a gallon is half the price of Home Depots $19.98 a gallon!!

Maybe I will try Byron Airport!! Good Idea!

Do not try the airport, 100 Low Lead will send you back to Home Depot in hopes of getting it fixed again under warranty. Your best bet is to ask your local lawn guys where they buy gas for their mowers and leaf blowers…
Mike Bellis
Or call Easy Fuel in San Jose and have them drop off a 55 gallon drum of the good stuff.
r_towle
It would just be the fuel lines that would be the issue and there is only one of them.
Replace the fuel line with ethanol rated hose and get the fuel additive from any marine store. You would use a cap full per tank.

None of my power equipment has issues and we have only ethanol around here.

Ethanol eats rubber lines.
It creates more water in the tank.

A good fuel additive keeps the water issue from happening.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 17 2015, 04:20 PM) *

Can't you get that at the airport? ( Like small local airports)

100 octane low lead. I've seen it as low as $4.50 gal and $8.00 gal depending on the airport. Palm Springs it was $8.01. Just one of the reasons I might sell the Bonanza next year. sad.gif
Jeffs9146
ok, even more confused!

So in the Republic of California I can not buy gas for the pressure washer from a gas station. I now have to pay twice as much to purchase something the government demands we have in our gas, removed?? Why can't I purchase something that works with the gas that we sell? They are selling me a motor and double profiting off the $19.98/gal gas that is cheaper to make than the Ethanol stuff!

Jeffs9146
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 17 2015, 07:31 PM) *

It would just be the fuel lines that would be the issue and there is only one of them.
Replace the fuel line with ethanol rated hose and get the fuel additive from any marine store. You would use a cap full per tank.

None of my power equipment has issues and we have only ethanol around here.

Ethanol eats rubber lines.
It creates more water in the tank.

A good fuel additive keeps the water issue from happening.

So, if I take the new unit and replace the fuel lines with ethanon rated lines and put an additive I should be fine?

What is the additive?
damesandhotrods
Every hose, diaphragm, every piece of synthetic rubber has to be ethanol rated.

According to the California Bureau of Auto Repair Contra Costa County is an enhanced smog area. If the local lawn guys can’t help you, you could have to go west to a non-smog enhanced county to buy non-ethanol gas for your pressure washer…
rhodyguy
A $600 pressure is bad enough. The fact that it requires non ethanol fuel is ridiculous. Get the $200ish one from Costco that has the Honda engine.
DBCooper
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 18 2015, 06:23 AM) *

A $600 pressure is bad enough. The fact that it requires non ethanol fuel is ridiculous. Get the $200ish one from Costco that has the Honda engine.

I agree, why is that thing even being sold in California? It shouldn't be your responsibility to make it work, Home Depot should be selling products that can actually be used in the market where they're selling them. It would requre different rubber and plastics where there's contact with fuel, which would cost pennies, if anything.

Jeffs9146
QUOTE(DBCooper @ Aug 18 2015, 07:58 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 18 2015, 06:23 AM) *

I agree, why is that thing even being sold in California? It shouldn't be your responsibility to make it work, Home Depot should be selling products that can actually be used in the market where they're selling them. It would requre different rubber and plastics where there's contact with fuel, which would cost pennies, if anything.

agree.gif agree.gif
r_towle
If it's a standard single carb air cooled lawn mower engine the only rubber is the fuel line. I just replace those and use an additive.
My Honda powered Home Depot pressure washer is over ten years old and works fine.
We cannot buy any non ethanol fuel in Massachusetts.

I would bring the new one back for a full refund and shop around for one that is already built for ethanol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.