Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how to bypass wiper switch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
for some reason my wipers do not function from controls on the column. so to pass inspection, I was thinking of wiring them just enough to get one speed.

which wires would make a circuit to run my wipers at one speed?
914ltd
Hi Jim, the terminals closest and furthest from the wiper motor transmission will work. The other 2 terminals are used to park the wipers. Brad
jimkelly

i will pick up 3 relays, as i need to run a temporary circuit for my horn too.

and i want to put on on my starter too, mcmark style. maybe though i might use a ford heavy duty relay for this?

porschetub
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 18 2015, 01:27 PM) *

for some reason my wipers do not function from controls on the column. so to pass inspection, I was thinking of wiring them just enough to get one speed.

which wires would make a circuit to run my wipers at one speed?

Jim did you check to see if the male pins coming from the switch are all there ?I found 2 of mine had pushed through the wire retainer,its a pain to fix but will get you going,just an idea.
jimkelly
probably not my problem. these things were all working before i switched fuse boxes and fried some wires. i think the only 2 things not working now are, horn and wipers. are they on same circuit?

just found this thread and seems they are?
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...p;#entry1906897

>> does anyone know if the horn/wiper relay is the typical black round plastic type?

seems the answer is yes. i found this pic. if i am lucky, i will simply need to replace my horn relay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.