Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA solo - swapping cars mid event?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
So the topic came up at one of our events about swapping cars mid event during a solo. Not because of a mechanical issue, but just to drive a different car. An example was given of driving a FP car then changing to a ASP car. Should the times ran in the ASP car be index at the FP index or ASP?

When I was asked I said yes at the FP index, but then I was question if the driver should even be allowed to swap cars if he doesn't have a mechanical problem with his car?

Tired looking up in the solo rules, but didn't find an answer. Maybe I missed it?

Your thoughts confused24.gif
Joe Ricard
Local event? or Serious Business AX where everybody is there to win?

Local should be "who the heck cares". I have driven lots of peoples cars during the course of an event. and taken a DSQ for time. Reality I had FTD in friends Vette, and was faster than the other car owners. Had a freaking blast.

We also did one that everybody interested took their last run in an FJ kart. OMG what a riot.
jhadler
I agree with Joe.

If it's a competitive event (National or Divisional level), then no. If it's a local event, and you pay the extra money, and work the extra shift, as long as you DSQ the runs, no one should care. But because you are getting extra looks at the course at speed, there is a competitive advantage...

-Josh
JPIII
National tour events are 2 day events.
If your car goes blamo on day 1, swapping cars is fairly common.....but you stay in class..... if the replacement car is legal for the class & passes tech. An ASP can run in Emod....but not the other way around. You're gonna get your doors blowed off but there is no rule against that. That said, I've never seen an Emod car entered in the event run with a different driver in Emod as entered.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.