Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress pics of dads car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
pics of my dads car. I got started on Superbowl Sun. Went on vacation and have gotten back toit. This is a P.O. repair I uncovered on day 1
scotty b
close up
scotty b
Crammed full of bondo and sanded smooth
xsboost90
ouch! i would get a section from a parts car and do some splicing to rid yourself of that mess. ar15.gif
scotty b
same scenario
scotty b
trunk out
scotty b
trunk fitted
scotty b
HEEEELLLLLLLL
scotty b
Contents of hell 2" deep!
xsboost90
nice job..damn.
415PB
Lots of work ahead of you. Keep us posted please.
scotty b
behind engine support
scotty b
Suspension console contents
scotty b
Hell as it currently stands, I will be cutting a bit more out next week. One more pic after this that i forgot about
scotty b
This is a chunk of bondo I popped out of the sail panel. Mic-ed just over 1/4" So for all of you who ask "is this repairable?" ANYHTING is repairable!!
Gint
Good lookin work so far.

Keep at it and keep the pics coming.
Allan
QUOTE (scotty b @ Mar 1 2005, 05:17 PM)
Suspension console contents

Is that Miles in there?
xsboost90
well if it is hes gotta be nuts!
riverman
I love it! A car just as sick as mine and you're fixing it! Great work BTW.

It's eerie to see the same rust, the same bondo, and the same PO repairs. I'll be following your progress with interest to see how you handle all the different jobs. Good luck!

scotty b
wink.gif Well it's been another month with acouple hours here and a couple less there. Hell ended up being a "little" flag.gif worse than I thought
scotty b
dry.gif Another month gone by and nowhere near the time I planned has gone into the car.Hour here hour less there. Anywhoo Hell got a "little screwy.gif " worse. All of the silver is new metal coated with BLOXIDE: great weld through primer but pricey (25.00 per quart) it wraps under the left (rear) side as well.
scotty b
MORE DAMN NUTZ from inside the long. the pile is as deep as the drill is thick! No the marker was not in there
scotty b
Long was hosed down with rust converter (see 2 pics ago) and all was coated with Eastwoods rust encapsulator before new piece was put in. BTW this piece fit like shit. Upper left corner was bent to much and had to be heated,pulled then welded to get it right on headbang.gif the curve on the lower portion where it straightens out, dips down WAY to low (almost a full inch) When I made the inner pieces, I still had the outside on the car to match up to, so my pieces fit like the original. Another quality aftermarket piece ar15.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif Good! Great! Now I do not feel so bad about all the repairs I had to do to my car!! biggrin.gif

Keep stroking it Scott!! aktion035.gif
riverman
That your homework on the door panel?

Looks good so far. Your doing it a bit differently than me, but I like seeing all the methods (you never know, I might do this again someday). biggrin.gif
scotty b
I haven't done much of anything to the body in almost a year now BUT have recently been staying late at werk to do some powder coating smile.gif
scotty b
Same color as the trailing arms on the grills , semi gloss black. Gauge surround is a textured black.
scotty b
Engine in gloss black and a "silver" I stumbled on by mistake
scotty b
The silver color is actually a "semi gloss" chrome with a semi gloss clear over top of it. It looks almost exactly like raw aluminum as you can see by the pic including the re-man alternator which is NOT coated. I really like this look because it also has a nice ghjost chrome look on round surfaces like the intake runners smile.gif I'll be using it quite a bit on this car and my 944 driving.gif
scotty b
One more
scotty b
Obviously some minor things to finish up on the engine. ( vaccum lines etc.) Pictures don't really do this engine justice sad.gif

Does anyone here rebuild the blower motors?

Ooops forgot the spare wheel pic, it's OOOhhh so important right? blink.gif
markb
wub.gif drooley.gif
stepuptotheMike
Wow... that engine looks great! thumb3d.gif

Mike
JPB
Wow thats a Galiath undertaking mister. At first I thought you were CRAZY but now I can clearly see your NUTS

of that car. thumb3d.gif

There is no greater love than a full on resurrection. You da man/faith healaaaaaaah! smilie_pokal.gif
Johny Blackstain
cool_shades.gif Magnifico!- being as I'm only a couple hrs. north of you I'd like to come down & take a look myself. My "new" six is a hotrod in need of a serious "body wash", such as your Dads'. Let me know what you think & keep up the excellent educational programming for novices like myself. creamsicle914.jpg
scotty b
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Jan 21 2007, 06:17 AM) *

cool_shades.gif Magnifico!- being as I'm only a couple hrs. north of you I'd like to come down & take a look myself. My "new" six is a hotrod in need of a serious "body wash", such as your Dads'. Let me know what you think & keep up the excellent educational programming for novices like myself. creamsicle914.jpg

Anytime you'd like Johnny! I have actually been thinking about a get together down here BUT I don't have anyplace suitable right now. I will be offering trailing arm rebuilding/powdercoating services to people here soon and if that werks out I will be renting a small shop, so maybe that would be a good place for a gathering. As for one or 2 people you're more than welcome to come to my parents house one satuday! Just be prepared for the clusterf-ck that is my garage sad.gif
stepuptotheMike
I'd like to stop by too for a visit. What part of town are you in? All of my family lives in the west end, and I also get up there every so often on business. I lived out on the western tip of goochland until a year and a half ago.

I'm tearing down my 76 to the tub, so I'll be in need of some powder coating at some point.

If anything there's always time for beerchug.gif

-Mike
scotty b
Mike I'm on the western Chesterfield border. The back corner of my piece of property is actually in Powhatan. Probably a 25 minute drive from the west end. I werk in Ashland and will most likely be renting a place up there IF the trailing arm gig is a hit confused24.gif Main thing I need right now is somewhere to werk on MY car(s) My 944 has been sitting in the driveway in primer for about 6 months now , since I left my last job,and all I can do is run it down the street every 2 weeks to keep all of the mechanicals alive sad.gif REALLY needs to get in doors as the tarps have scratched through the primer and is now showing some light surface rust headbang.gif
stepuptotheMike
Out 60 way or 360 way? you must be loving 288 if you work up in ashland.
scotty b
Halfway in between actually. On Genito road. Yeah 288 is a great thing having to go that far smile.gif Still a 45 min drive each way sad.gif
scotty b
Got some more powder coating done. Front end is off of a car I stripped a while back. This way I don't immobilize dads car. Now I ned to find somewhere to store the parts until needed blink.gif
jimkelly
sue-wheat )
scotty b
How's that V-hate laugh.gif project coming?
jimkelly
tomorrow we mod engine bay shift rod and then take it for a drive : )

still needs exhuast though.

see my blog for some pics

jim

==

cool.gif--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 10 2007, 06:53 PM) *</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
How's that V-hate laugh.gif project coming?
[/quote]
rick 918-S
Nice work! aktion035.gif
Racing916
Great work!!!!!
Johny Blackstain
Scotty- do you do all your own powder coating? If so, old oven in the garage? Curious about your set up for coating. Kick ass, can't wait to come & see. cool_shades.gif
drewvw
those are some good looking suspension parts...lined up like a row of pretty little chorus girls.
scotty b
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Feb 11 2007, 08:04 AM) *

Scotty- do you do all your own powder coating? If so, old oven in the garage? Curious about your set up for coating. Kick ass, can't wait to come & see. cool_shades.gif

Powder coating is part of what I do for a living so I have access to the big boys equipment smile.gif I was hired by a powdercoating shop to start up an auto restoration operation. It's been kinda rough, as they get so backed up with powder coating werk I am regularly pulled away from the cars to do some powder coating. Which in all honesty is kind of a nice break every now and then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.