Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Pedal Noise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
db9146
I'm trying to diagnose a noise that sounds like its coming from the clutch pedal. Since the car is new to me, I pulled the pedal assembly, cleaned it, and reinstalled new bronze bushings. It seemed fine at first with no noise but after a little while, the creaking sound came back and now, most times when I drive the car, there is no noise initially but after several gear changes, the noise comes back. Its not as bad as before and the operation of the pedal is smooth. Any ideas of things to check?

robby750
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 18 2015, 08:29 AM) *

I'm trying to diagnose a noise that sounds like its coming from the clutch pedal. Since the car is new to me, I pulled the pedal assembly, cleaned it, and reinstalled new bronze bushings. It seemed fine at first with no noise but after a little while, the creaking sound came back and now, most times when I drive the car, there is no noise initially but after several gear changes, the noise comes back. Its not as bad as before and the operation of the pedal is smooth. Any ideas of things to check?

I had a noise like that once. It turned out to be the pedal arm was rubbing the wood board. A little reposition of the board was all that was needed. Hope yours is the same.
Dave_Darling
How was the roll pin that holds the clutch pedal on? Was it a spiral pin, or one that only went part-way around the hole? You need the spiral pin, with several layers of metal.

Could also be the "helper" spring on the pedal making noise. Clean and lube it to see if that helps.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.