Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 914 FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cal
Is anyone here familiar with this car or seen it in person? It looks very nice in the photos.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Cal @ Aug 18 2015, 10:49 AM) *

Is anyone here familiar with this car or seen it in person? It looks very nice in the photos.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US

It better be perfect with all documentation for $30K
SchwarzHorse
I become suspicious when there is minimal photos, especially without any taken of the area underneath the battery tray or bottomside of engine. The less that is revealed the more I suspect. eBay allows 12 free photos and this seller only uploaded 5 and they are from a distance. I'd also want to see photos of the engine rebuilding invoice with a matching VIN on the invoice too. If you claim near $50,000 in expenses and are asking for $30,000 to sell it, how long has the person owned it ? If owned for a long time such as 10 to 20 years, I understand the expenses and the current sale asking price. But if it's only been owned for 5 or 6 years, a $20,000 difference between ownership expenses and sale price is foolishly large and adds to my suspicions.
Chris H.
The owner is a member. Hasn't posted anything other than a comment in the classifieds. The car seems to be listed in the 911 section so the he might not be too e-bay savvy.

On the positive side:

- He WELCOMES a PPI. That's good. Definitely need one with the lack of pics.

- He says the price is OBO.

What color is that? Forest Green?
jmitro
QUOTE(SchwarzHorse @ Aug 18 2015, 02:11 PM) *

I become suspicious when there is minimal photos, especially without any taken of the area underneath the battery tray or bottomside of engine. The less that is revealed the more I suspect. eBay allows 12 free photos and this seller only uploaded 5 and they are from a distance. I'd also want to see photos of the engine rebuilding invoice with a matching VIN on the invoice too. If you claim near $50,000 in expenses and are asking for $30,000 to sell it, how long has the person owned it ? If owned for a long time such as 10 to 20 years, I understand the expenses and the current sale asking price. But if it's only been owned for 5 or 6 years, a $20,000 difference between ownership expenses and sale price is foolishly large and adds to my suspicions.

agreed. I can't believe how many items are listed for sale for outrageous prices with minimal description, documentation, photographs, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.