Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel/tire weights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Quickie scale job, but I swapped my "junk" (LOL) wheels back on the car yesterday so I could drive it on the street, and I was shocked how heavy they felt.

15x7" Cookies w/ 205/50 Kumho Ecsta V700s...35lbs/ea

16x7" Fuchs w/ 205/45 Hoosier R3S03's....30.5lbs ea

Wow, 18lbs of unsprung weight loss PLUS a stickier tire PLUS less sidewall deflection...woohoo

I am going to try 215/40's on my 3rd set of wheels (also 16x7 Fuchs). I think they'll go. If not, I'll just pound on the car some more blink.gif
Scott Carlberg
Chris,
do the 16x7's fit under your fenders without problems, or much problems?

Did you have to do anything to the fenders to get the 7x16's in there?

That look, Black-spokes with Polished/Brushed lip looks the best, IMHO. clap56.gif
campbellcj
Well, the rears were already pretty seriously rolled+pulled to fit the 15x7's. The 16x7's fit just fine with the Hoosiers. There is still enough room to get my hand up in between the fender lip and the tire; decent room on the inside as well. So I think 215's will work.
drew365
I just bought two 16X7 Fuchs for my fronts and weighed them last night on a good commercial scale: 15.5#. They're 4.5# lighter than the BBS I had on front.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.