Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear View Mirror Adhesive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic Blue
I am re-attaching the rear view mirror to the inside of the windshield, (using the correct adhesive "pad"), and I am noticing some old adhesive that was used to adhere the mirror to the glass. A big deal since it is a few inches outside of the place where the mirror will adhere to the windshield. I can't seem to remove it - almost as if it has etched the glass. Any ideas on how to remove this? Thanks!
screenguy914
QUOTE(Olympic Blue @ Aug 18 2015, 02:27 PM) *

I am re-attaching the rear view mirror to the inside of the windshield, (using the correct adhesive "pad"), and I am noticing some old adhesive that was used to adhere the mirror to the glass. A big deal since it is a few inches outside of the place where the mirror will adhere to the windshield. I can't seem to remove it - almost as if it has etched the glass. Any ideas on how to remove this? Thanks!

What have you tried? Razor blade?

If below the surface of a blade, it's in the glass.

Tom_T
agree.gif

Also if that doesn't work &/or in addition to - try first the citrus based adhesive removers (Goo Gone, etc.), then achohol, & then if that's not working try acetone & work slowly to let it dissolve the crud (that removes super glue, if you had a super-DAPO put it on before).

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.