Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1975 Porsche 914 Side Shifter Transmission W/Chevy SB adapter kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Chris914n6
Somebody was looking for a kit I think... confused24.gif

1975 Porsche 914 Side Shifter Transmission W/Chevy SB adapter kit - $550 (Santa Cruz)

Porsche 914 Side Shifter 5-Speed Manual Transmission With Adapter kit for SB Chevy V8.
Here's what I know about it;

I acquired this set-up with a Valkyrie GT40 kit car back in the early '90's when I operated a VW/Porsche/Kit Car shop in San Francisco, CA .It has been stored in a military lock-box since that time and looks great, I have no need for it.

This trans was coated with a "bedliner" type undercoating material as was common 'back-in-the-day' to protect the magnesium cases from corrosion and the coastal salt air, I have seen this often. It was removed from storage, cleaned, drained, flushed, painted gray, and re-filled with synthetic gear oil.
1.) The exterior of this case is in great condition with little or no corrosion.
2.) The trans is in very good condition and shifts smoothly through all gears.
3.) I got this from an extremely reputable colleague (now deceased) and have no hesitations as to the condition of the trans or parts, but I have no way of verifying the manufacturer of the adapter or compatibility of the parts

Here's what's included;
1.) The transmission with throw-out fork and bearing, reverse light switch, and speedometer drive. (I'm unsure of the year but somehow remember it being called a 1975, no promises on that)!
2.) A custom machined steel flywheel for Chevy SB V8 W/bolts to fasten the flywheel to the crankshaft
3.) A custom made Aluminum adapter plate for Chevy SB V8 (or 4.3 V6)
4.) A Porsche (Sachs) pressure plate and ring gear assembly that fastens to the flywheel with (9) Allen-head cap screws (included with flex washers).
5.) A custom made pilot bearing (with insert that fits the Transmission shaft)
6.) All adapter parts are new and unused (trans is 'used')

Here's what's NOT included;
1.) There is no clutch disc included, (it appears the standard 914/VW bus disc will fit (as both fit the 914 front spline).
2.) There is no starter with this set-up and I am uncertain of the requirements as I do not have a starter or know the adapter manufacturer.
3.) The plastic cam for the clutch release cable is missing.

What else is available;
1.) A used Ferrari 5-speed "Gated" shifter box mechanism with some shaft pieces. Excellent working condition, and hey, it's real Ferrari shit! An additional $150, with purchase of the tranny and adapter kit

Please a look at the pictures and ask any and all questions before bidding, refunds will not be given or returns accepted.
I will guarantee the trans is not DOA and is in good working condition.
I will not (I have no way to) guarantee all parts are compatible, but they are as described and as pictured.
I WILL: Professionally crate this for shipping, and deliver to "Your Shipper" within 15 miles of San Jose, CA. during business hours at "No Charge" if asking price is met and paid by PayPal. I recommend Oak Harbor Freight as their rates are great in CA

I might: "Split" the adapter kit and trans if you're just looking for a 914 side-shifter transmission, we'd need to talk about that, but please, I know what they're worth and the package here is a deal! Email me!

Sandrail, Dune Buggy, Chevy, Kit Car, Volkswagen, Hot Rod, Rat Rod, Mid Engine, Adapter, Adapter Plate, Small Block, Chevy SB, 4.3, V6, 914, 915, 930, 901

>>> Not me, don't PM or ask me questions. Thanks.
Chris914n6
Somebody bought it. Where's my finders fee beerchug.gif lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.