Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body Bored Out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FB914
I have a 74 with a recently rebuilt 2.0 with Euro Pistons, Stock D-Jet, MSD, sport exhaust and hi flow air filter, I'm wondering if getting the throttle body bored out is worth it. Any thoughts? Is there a downside - risk of screwing up the motor? Thanks

Frank
Mark Henry
stock D-jet??

Save your money..not worth it.
Porsche Rescue
I'm signing on only because I have a 2.0 D-jet track car with Euro p&c's and lightened flywheel. PO told me it had an enlarged throttle body (no idea how to confirm that). I want to hear what you all have to say.
I will say that it feels stronger than a stock 2.0 with Webers.
Mark Henry
Stock is 45mm, bored out is most likely 50mm

I have a 2.0 with a scat C-25 carb cam and SDS EFI....a bored out TB wouldn't help it.... a header would.

Bleyseng
A bored out TB with careful tuning will gain about 1hp. Probably the 1hp is from the careful tuning. This test was done on a dyno.
Save your money and spend it on dyno tuning your djet.

Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 1 2005, 08:17 PM)
A bored out TB with careful tuning will gain about 1hp. Probably the 1hp is from the careful tuning. This test was done on a dyno.

agree.gif

the weak side on our cars is the horrible exhaust flow, not the intake ...
save your money for a set of nice headers ...

wink.gif Andy
DNHunt
I ran one on my 2.0 L with megasquirt for about a year. Even with being able to tune the FI I couldn't see any difference. Look at the exhaust.

Dave
SteveSr
agree.gif if you are not doing the WHOLE motor,bigger cam, bored cylinders IMPROVED intake runners and exhaust there is no sense trying to get more air in thru a bigger throttle body. smash.gif ....just my $.02......

SteveSr
Bleyseng
Whats a Sport Exhaust?
TravisNeff
Bleyseng, it's all in the stickers, all in the stickers...
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Mar 2 2005, 12:33 PM)
Bleyseng, it's all in the stickers, all in the stickers...

Yep...I'll have stickers for you Canadian guys soon...good for 10hp wink.gif
FB914
Thanks for all the feedback, I think you've answered my question. Sport exhaust is a Monza and it doesn't add any sport except an extra tailpipe. Thanks again
Bleyseng
switch to a Bursch and gain 3hp over the Monza.
BahnBrenner914
yeah i was talking to a guy who built racing 914s and such and asked him how to get more power out of my 914. I said, "should i go with borred out TB or headers or..." and he laughed and said "you just need to drop in a V8 if you want power" just realize you wont get too much power from your type IV, put your money into suspension and brakes to make it haul around corners.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.