Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do all 914 owners have some kind of mental malfunction?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
In the outside world these would be labeled ADD and OCD.

I was spending some time on my car fitting the new side shift rear cover and figured "while I'm here" I should clean up the underside of my motor, it's a little grimey.

But it seems that we all kind of do this..... right?
Elliot Cannon
I believe there is something terribly wrong and you should seek a doctors help at your earliest convenience. I have the experienced the exact same symptoms. av-943.gif Luckily, it begins to subside as you get older.
ConeDodger
The sickness is when you put your wife's toothbrush back in the glass in the bathroom when you're done... evilgrin.gif
Mikey914
Just had some free time so I spent it with the other woman.
wes
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 19 2015, 12:14 AM) *

My wife has that shirt and loves it (the other women is a 914)
EdwardBlume
That's a beautiful motor in the picture.
mepstein
If you really had the sickness, you would buy another 914 when your motor got that dirty
falcor75
IPB Image

my gearbox looks like shit....really could use a icemediablasting next time I have it out of the car.... sad.gif
Mikey914
I got after mine with simple green and a brush, and no Rob, not the wife's' toothbrush.
Rob seems to want to get me into trouble. stirthepot.gif
MJHanna
yeap I could not stand to put the new engine in and leave the trans like it was when it was pulled.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 19 2015, 03:14 AM) *

i get this once and a while too " you spend more time working on that car than you do me" lol-2.gif
ThePaintedMan
*Gasp* Mark is actually working on his car and fitting some of the products HE MADE for us all? What is the world coming to?

biggrin.gif Just kidding Mark, glad to see you finally got some spare time to tinker. Thanks again for all that you do for us.
Mikey914
Actually haven't been able to do what I want. I need to pull the motor to fix an oil leak at the fan seal. One of the reasons I cleaned it up underneath. Planned to get more done, but just too busy. I really do enjoy working on the car. Especially when I'm putting new stuff on. Even more so when it fits like it should and performs better than expected. I was seriously concerned about the choice of material and thickness making the part unusable if it wouldn't flex to allow the attachment of the linkage.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 19 2015, 08:50 AM) *

I got after mine with simple green and a brush, and no Rob, not the wife's' toothbrush.
Rob seems to want to get me into trouble. stirthepot.gif

happy11.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
JawjaPorsche
I know mine is not as clean as other owners but I am always looking under the teener for a new place to clean! biggrin.gif I guess I need to get a life! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 18 2015, 11:28 PM) *
Luckily, it begins to subside as you get older.

Actually, it doesn't subside. You just don't remember the next day ...
laugh.gif
Tom_T
I think Mark, from what my various other car buddies say & do -m that the "while I'm in there..." syndrome afflicts everyone across the classic/vintage car spectrum of makes, models & years! biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
whitetwinturbo
idea.gif .....so if you NEVER install it you could just clean it everyday. smoke.gif
Click to view attachment
Jonathan Livesay
Yes sir, crazy as fruit bats. This was a perfectly good little ratrod 2 weeks ago, drove nice, original paint (where there was any) lights all worked, started every time. Back window rattled like mad though................
DPO had tried to fix the window with silicone sealer and Popsicle stick shims. So while I'm scraping off all the silicone I might as well pull off the top piece of vinyl which was the only piece left and take care of all the surface rust under it and on the sail panels before it got any worse, and then paint the sail panels and top and where the rear window goes. Might as well pull the rest of the interior and make sure there are no ugly surprises there (there weren't) while I have the back padding and sound proofing off and seats out. The trunk lid sat a half a centimeter high at the front corner of the drivers side, so may as well pull the lid and hinge off to see what's up. (Whats up was the DPO replaced 1 hinge mount and welded it in too high up on the side panel.) So I'll have to redo that. While I have the lid off I might as well take care of the (fortunately only) surface rust at the rear of the trunk also.
Now I'm thinking I might just as well take it the rest of the way apart and paint it all. I can drive it again next year. Or the year after.

Anybody interested in a solid project car with a lot of potential? hissyfit.gif av-943.gif

IPB Image
IPB Image
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 19 2015, 11:23 AM) *

idea.gif .....so if you NEVER install it you could just clean it everyday. smoke.gif
Click to view attachment

If you never install it you don't even need to clean it that often.
montoya 73 2.0
thumb3d.gif
infraredcalvin
Yes, deal with it...
r_towle
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 19 2015, 02:14 AM) *

I was spending some time on my car fitting the new side shift rear cover and figured "while I'm here" I should clean up the underside of my motor, it's a little grimey.

Seriously, you have it so bad you started a company to make parts you needed.
Mikey914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 19 2015, 09:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 19 2015, 02:14 AM) *

Seriously, you have it so bad you started a company to make parts you needed.

Yes sometimes I think I must be a little off.
Larmo63
"Yes sometimes I think I must be a little off."

Ya think??? screwy.gif
Mikey914
It's just my therapy. But hey it keeps me from getting into too much trouble.
montoya 73 2.0
workaholic & over achiever! 1 full time job, 2 part time & run 2 companies? You my friend are in need of a vacation!
naro914
Do all 914 owners have some kind of mental malfunction?, I've been suffering from while I'm here syndrome and I must clean it

You could have just stopped at:
Do all 914 owners have some kind of mental malfunction?

And the answer STILL would have been YES...
cary
Do all 914 owners have some kind of mental malfunction?

No its just you ..................... LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.