Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 makes the news
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
They equated the car to a PINTO! WTF!!!!!!!!!

Twelfth paragraph....

http://www.sfbg.com/39/22/x_being_there.html

BMartin914
More in common with a Pinto?!?!?

What a load of crap! Ever seen inside a '71 911 dude?
Toast
I see the flames-a-startin.... ar15.gif
boxstr
Well they did nail it, "taste challenged 71 914" .
CCLINBJINAZ
sj914
Wait a minute!!
Don't Pintos explode when you rear end them.

Our cars don't explode, they rust. laugh.gif
Allan
This part sucks!!!!!!!!

And the taste-challenged "customized" 1971 Porsche 914 – the Porsche that, thanks to its VW engine, bargain styling, and econobox fit and finish, has more in common with a Pinto than with its brawnier luxo-brethren – that goes for more than triple its top NADA price? Magic. "It'd have to have six gold cylinders to be worth that much," an onlooker noted. It didn't.
azbill
I agree that was not the best looking 914 I've ever seen. The guy that got it tucked under his arm was caught up in an over stimulated auction. "The auction fever".

Some say the auction is the best place to find out what the market price is for an item. But not in a over stimulated venue as Barrett Jackson. Where was the well informed buyer acting in a prudet manner and with only self-interest? I did not see any of that at the auction. Just my $0.02 about the Barrett Jackson event.
Flat VW
I am amazed at how much they "press" the bidders at that auction.

John
scruz914
"Matt Markovich writes Bottle Rockets for the Bay Guardian's Food and Drink section..."

Qualifies as an automotive journalist? confused24.gif He probably still drives a Pinto and wanted to elevate its status. laugh.gif
jasons
That 914 was a POF'nS. I saw it in person and it was there last year too. Definitely not a good ambassador for the 914. My work is right next to the B-J, I mean spitt'n distance from the tent.
Root_Werks
Someone doesn't know much about cars I think.

Pinto/Vega shoot outs
914/fiat/MGB shootouts
944/RX7/300ZX shootouts

Of course talking same year cars. This guy is must either be young or dumb or both. screwy.gif
serge914
He probably drive a Ford Tempo to his wine and cheese ar15.gif
Eric_Shea
Two "E's" Serge... blink.gif

This guy wrote it... matt@mattmarko.com Tell him what you think -or- get him to write an article on the 914club. wink.gif

And yes... I've seen the inside of a 71 911. Wanna see mine? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.