Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine needed 2.2 six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Speedo
Looking for a 2.2 six engine with serial 6301329. Might have been used to convert a 4 to a 6. If you happen to have a conversion, and don't know exactly what engine or serial number you have. If upon checking, you have this engine, I will make it worth your while. BTW...thanks for checking anyway.

Speedo
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 19 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Looking for a 2.2 six engine with serial 6301329. Might have been used to convert a 4 to a 6. If you happen to have a conversion, and don't know exactly what engine or serial number you have. If upon checking, you have this engine, I will make it worth your while. BTW...thanks for checking anyway.

Speedo

Check out this post over on Pelican from 2008!

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911...tification.html
Cairo94507
OMG! Why can't that happen to me? I still need engine 6414135 for my Six. popcorn[1].gif
matthepcat
I have 6301335! ( 6 motors behind yours)

Darn close!
Speedo
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2015, 01:57 PM) *

OMG! Why can't that happen to me? I still need engine 6414135 for my Six. popcorn[1].gif

Unfortunately, that thread is misleading and it went dark. The guy had an engine serial starting with 640XXXX not 630XXXX. Better to have no leads than a false one.
The chassis the 1329 engine belongs in is in the UK currently, but it was on the US east coast 7-8 years ago. This is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack...and I just need to find the right country the haystack is in.

Yes 1335 is close...but unfortunately that only counts in hand grenades, horseshoes and dancing.

Keep looking guys!

Thanks!
matthepcat
Funny I didn't realize this was you Lars.

duhh

QUOTE(Speedo @ Aug 19 2015, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 19 2015, 01:57 PM) *

Unfortunately, that thread is misleading and it went dark. The guy had an engine serial starting with 640XXXX not 630XXXX. Better to have no leads than a false one.
The chassis the 1329 engine belongs in is in the UK currently, but it was on the US east coast 7-8 years ago. This is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack...and I just need to find the right country the haystack is in.

Yes 1335 is close...but unfortunately that only counts in hand grenades, horseshoes and dancing.

Keep looking guys!

Thanks!

pete000
I'm still looking for 914-6 Case # 6404089
Larmo63
Why isn't there a dedicated site for those WITH Porsche engines and those LOOKING for certain Porsche engines?????
stevegm
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 20 2015, 05:46 PM) *

Why isn't there a dedicated site for those WITH Porsche engines and those LOOKING for certain Porsche engines?????

I set one up through the magazine's site. But I haven't had time to implement it. And I thought there was talk on here about somebody doing it here and I didn't want to step on any toes. The coding is done. I just have to make it public. I'll do that tonight. Stay tuned. DONE.

EDIT - I made it live - http://fourteenermotoring.com/914-engine-registry/

I don't like the name - "Engine Registry." But, I guess it works until we come up with a better thing to call it. The goal is to put all of the 914 engines numbers (4 and 6) that are available for sale in one place, so people can find the engine they are looking for. The system also allows 914 owners to post an engine number they are looking for so others can see them, as well. Right now there aren't any engines in the system. But, as people add engines they will begin to be visible.

We will put an ad in the magazine for the "Engine Registry" and hopefully that might also help bring some more engines out of the barns.
Dominic
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 20 2015, 02:46 PM) *

Funny you should ask, as I am in the early stages of setting up a WebSite just dedicated to matching Air Cooled Porsche engines to the correct chassis.

In the near future we will solve this problem with my website:

www.numbersmatchingcar.com

This will be dedicated to all Air Cooled Porsches. More to follow.
stevegm
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 20 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Funny you should ask, as I am in the early stages of setting up a WebSite just dedicated to matching Air Cooled Porsche engines to the correct chassis.

Interesting idea. As far as I know, a COA for each chassis is the only way to get the engine number. Regardless, if someone comes up with a another solution I'd be more than happy to defer.
Dominic
QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 20 2015, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 20 2015, 06:18 PM) *

Interesting idea. As far as I know, a COA for each chassis is the only way to get the engine number. Regardless, if someone comes up with a another solution I'd be more than happy to defer.

Yes, you will need to know what engine number you are looking for, But I wanted a single source/site for "Wanted Engines" and "Orphan Engines for Sale" to put it in simple terms.

I will have a page or post on How to order the COA from Porsche Cars NA. It's too bad that they charge $100 for that info. In the U.K. it's free for all Porsche Club GB members smile.gif
Speedo
Still looking for 6301329 or very close.
Also looking for 6300685 or very close.

Thanks
nrc914
Ther is another site worth checking or registering on:

findyourengine.com

Good Luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.