Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 fuel injector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
So I get my 75 purring like a kitten. it starts right up I got a all new fuel pressure regulator, all new vacuum lines that I think all but a few are in the right spot(I imagine). Its idling below 1000 rpm and good. For 30 seconds I dream I am a not an idiot. Then disaster, it starts hunting and I realize a injector is sticking out of the head squirting gas all over!! Anyone heard of this? How do you get them back in?

Also I do not have two lines for vaccum coming out of my Throttle body for retard and advance vaccum lines from distributor! Does anyone know what to do in this situation? it is a 1975 2.0 I have seen a diagram that has one(the one pointed to drivers side) going to the lower intake manifold which I cannot seem to find a hookup?? the one(pointed to passanger side) I currently have going to T.B.

Any help would be awesome! Thank you!!!
SLITS
Porsche determined that the vacuum advance was not necessary. "73 model throttle bodies had two ports. '74 and up throttle bodies only had one port for the vacuum retard.

The injector is held in the intake manifold by a metal circular clip that looks like a banjo (kinda) or teardrop. It is held to the manifold via a 10 mm nut. There are two seals ... one is large and seals the body and the second is small and seal the tip of the injector.

If it came out, you are missing a part.
era vulgaris
The 10mm nut probably fell off the clip. You've got 3 others that are presumably still where they're supposed to be. Use them for comparison.
Kansas 914
Got all these parts? #7 - #8 - #9 in particular based on your post.
Click to view attachment
Stacks914
Cool will look thanks guys!!!!!!
Stacks914
ok it looks like the ring Number 6 is in half. Any idea that that is called
JawjaPorsche
Pelican Parts has them. Would replaced both rubber seals on ALL injectors. They are cheap and easy to replace.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC...J_pg1.htm#item3
914_teener
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Aug 19 2015, 04:07 PM) *

ok it looks like the ring Number 6 is in half. Any idea that that is called

That is one of the o.rings on the body of the injector that Slits described. They are cheap and easy to install. If you have never replaced any of them I would replace them all. Cheap fire insurance.
Stacks914
Will do thanks everyone I got all the small and large rings at autozone for $2.13. They have been great for parts! and way cheaper then the websites
Stacks914
The little red one runs. Tomorrow we will see if it moves and stops beer3.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Stacks914 @ Aug 19 2015, 09:51 PM) *

Will do thanks everyone I got all the small and large rings at autozone for $2.13. They have been great for parts! and way cheaper then the websites

Wow, autozone carries them? Cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.