Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rod buy- Need 25 more!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
I finished up the invoices today..

As of today I have received funds for 25 sets of rods..... I know a few more are in the mail but we still need the 25 sets paid for by March 14!

Anyone who was on the original list and has not sent the funds get them to me ASAP, if you have not received an invoice I will send one to you when I receive the check!

Dominic
There are a few hanging around here and the STF board that are willing to buy a few more sets to make this happen.

Come on guys.... lets get-r-done ! beerchug.gif
Rusty
Post the list, Jake. We've done that with other group buys for memorbilia or sign-ups for events.

-Rusty smoke.gif

P.S. Yes, I know I'm on the list. biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, post the list so we can know if out check was received.

Geoff
Jake Raby
Okay..
william harris
Come on guys, help us out. I already sent Raby my money. Can't believe there aren't another 25 orders out there. cool.gif
Scott Carlberg
any chance an Explanation could be made for us Dumb Guys, on the Benefits (why get these?) of said Rods?

rhodyguy
lighter weight, arp hardware, good price considering refurbishing a set of 2.0 rods and buying a used set if you don't have them .

k
Dominic
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Mar 2 2005, 01:52 PM)
any chance an Explanation could be made for us Dumb Guys, on the Benefits (why get these?) of said Rods?

This is Jakes quote from the original thread. Just a note that the cost for a set of these new 2.0L replacement rods is now $310.00 for a set of 4 (includes ARP rod bolts)

If it wasn't worth the cost I would not be attempting this..
The weakest link in a TIV is those heavy ass rods that cost 140 bucks just to outfit with better bolts.

These rods are a 100% stock replacement, just 400 grams lighter with a 300% stronger bolt.

I have to buy 500 rods to get them made at all, and trust me, thats a chunk of moolah!

These rods selling for 280 bucks a set are cheaper than a rebuilt set of upgraded stock rods, those run 325.00 and are no where near as strong!

I have ran rods with these same characteristics in 300+ HP Turbo engines, with just using an upgraded bolts.
Dominic
It's not too late to send Jake $310.00 for a set of these NEW 2.0L rods....... SEE INFO BELOW:

Please send all funds in the form of check or money order to

Raby Enterprises Inc.
Attn R&D
47 Raby Drive
Cleveland GA 30528

Make checks payable to Raby Enterprises Inc.

Remember that I MUST have all 50 sets of rods sold by March 15th
r_towle
FYI,
This is the third individual thread posted on the front page of the forum regarding the same exact subject...

The rods, the sale of the rods.....
Rocky
Check is on the way. By the way Jake, I have e-mailed you several times over the last 2 weeks on this very subject and have yet to receive a reply??? confused24.gif

Tim
Jake Raby
So why the smart ass remark??

Thats it! To hell with the damn group buy and to hell with the rods! I did this whole buy/design/manufacturing thing to get something out on the market that is needed and wanted.

I did not do it to get smart ass remarks made, nor did I do it to create even more work for myself, or to hear one more sniveling crybaby!

People that bitch about absolutely nothing simply piss me off. This entire rod buy has been a fucking pain in the ass and I'm done with it- Period. From the drawings to the calls to the Mfr to the posts and the invoices it has been a true pain in the ass. I have gotten at least 10 emails from members on this forum complaining about the rod buy using club space and I fluffed them off until now.

The group buy is over- period. ALL the checks will be mailed back on Monday- Don't ask me to reconsider.

I'm tired of all the whining, bitching and crap that comes along with trying to help people- They don't appreciate it and I'm finished with it- Over and out!
sean_v8_914
sorry to hear that. thanks for all the effort. I will dream about my rods. I guess its imposible to weed out the whiners. Im sure I'll spend that money on something else T-4 related. I need copper head gkkts for 103mm and barrel shims and...Ill call the T-4 store
Jake Raby
Sean, Thanks for keeping me in mind...

I do not promote the use of copper head gaskets- so we do not sell them. I have a huge selection of cylinder base shims in stock, just had about 6K bucks worth made!
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 2 2005, 11:21 PM)
I have gotten at least 10 emails from members on this forum complaining about the rod buy using club space and I fluffed them off until now.

I see at least 10 times as much useless off topic crap posted on this forum almost every day!
It's a shame that some people not interested in participating in the group buy can't just keep their mouths shut.
This was for the good of the 914 community and definitely deserved as much space as necessary.
Too bad it didn't work out.
Sorry to see you've wasted your time on this one Jake. sad.gif
rhodyguy
bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif . WTF. sorry jake. YOU dropped the ball on this one. YOU put forth the group buy. the first link YOU provided got me a responce from kathy(?) telling me to send the email to another division. which I did. the repsonce i got was "cool" rolleyes.gif . YOU said YOU would send out invoices. well I didn't get one let alone notice YOU RECIEVED MY CHECK!!!. then YOU said YOU would send them a week ago LAST monday. well I never got one. YOU blew the cost quote that YOU posted and then YOU raised the price. NO ONE complained about that i read. then DOMONIC informed US the dead line was monday the first. i mailed my check the saturday after reading that. then YOU said the deadline was extended. great. then YOU bore me to tears with postings regarding an engine that by YOUR own account, will never be offered to the public. BFD!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN 4(your figure)GOD DAMN HOURS and or had YOUR SECTETARY send out the INVOICES!!! keep the god damn rods. i wouldn't buy a set now if they were one of the last 2.0 rod sets on the PLANET!!! i felt YOU had been looking for a reason to bail on the deal. so one statement, regarding 3 posts concerning them on the front page (and rightfully so), YOU take umbrage (look it up if you don't know what it means)and YOU get your panties all wadded up your ass. well i guess YOU got your reason, albiet petty and pathetic.

YOU refer to 914 owners as "cheep" and "winners". statements which i took personal quite frankly, but rather cause a big erruption i let it slide. i hope YOU realize some of US don't live on their FATHERS LAND, let alone run a business on our FATHERS LAND. some US have mortages, children to put through college, and WIVES. go ahead and light me up if YOU feel so inclined. i've seen YOUR threatening and aggressive replies when YOU took exception to something someone said in the past. aint shit to me. talk's cheap. no doubt this will be deleted. i only wish it stays up long enough for YOU to read it. bottom line, the rods were YOUR offer and YOU screwed the pooch w00t.gif

k
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 2 2005, 11:35 PM)
YOU take umbrage (look it up if you don't know what it means)and YOU get your panties all wadded up your ass. well i guess YOU got your reason, albiet petty and pathetic.

YOU refer to 914 owners as "cheep" and "winners". statements which i took personal quite frankly, but rather cause a big erruption i let it slide.

k

agree.gif PETTY, PETTY,PETTY, WHINER,WHINER,WHINER

Jake, just take two rods, wash them down with some Whine, and you'll feel better beer3.gif

Edit: Couldn't stop myself aktion035.gif
rhodyguy
i think that goes "get some fine cheeses to go with your whines" dry.gif

k
Levi
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 2 2005, 09:21 PM)
So why the smart ass remark??

Thats it! To hell with the damn group buy and to hell with the rods! I did this whole buy/design/manufacturing thing to get something out on the market that is needed and wanted.

I did not do it to get smart ass remarks made, nor did I do it to create even more work for myself, or to hear one more sniveling crybaby!

People that bitch about absolutely nothing simply piss me off. This entire rod buy has been a fucking pain in the ass and I'm done with it- Period. From the drawings to the calls to the Mfr to the posts and the invoices it has been a true pain in the ass. I have gotten at least 10 emails from members on this forum complaining about the rod buy using club space and I fluffed them off until now.

The group buy is over- period. ALL the checks will be mailed back on Monday- Don't ask me to reconsider.

I'm tired of all the whining, bitching and crap that comes along with trying to help people- They don't appreciate it and I'm finished with it- Over and out!

Waaa boo hoo...what a pussy ..... lol2.gif lol2.gif finger.gif
Levi
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 3 2005, 12:35 AM)
bs.gif bs.gif bs.gif . WTF. sorry jake. YOU dropped the ball on this one. YOU put forth the group buy. the first link YOU provided got me a responce from kathy(?) telling me to send the email to another division. which I did. the repsonce i got was "cool" rolleyes.gif . YOU said YOU would send out invoices. well I didn't get one let alone notice YOU RECIEVED MY CHECK!!!. then YOU said YOU would send them a week ago LAST monday. well I never got one. YOU blew the cost quote that YOU posted and then YOU raised the price. NO ONE complained about that i read. then DOMONIC informed US the dead line was monday the first. i mailed my check the saturday after reading that. then YOU said the deadline was extended. great. then YOU bore me to tears with postings regarding an engine that by YOUR own account, will never be offered to the public. BFD!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN 4(your figure)GOD DAMN HOURS and or had YOUR SECTETARY send out the INVOICES!!! keep the god damn rods. i wouldn't buy a set now if they were one of the last 2.0 rod sets on the PLANET!!! i felt YOU had been looking for a reason to bail on the deal. so one statement, regarding 3 posts concerning them on the front page (and rightfully so), YOU take umbrage (look it up if you don't know what it means)and YOU get your panties all wadded up your ass. well i guess YOU got your reason, albiet petty and pathetic.

YOU refer to 914 owners as "cheep" and "winners". statements which i took personal quite frankly, but rather cause a big erruption i let it slide. i hope YOU realize some of US don't live on their FATHERS LAND, let alone run a business on our FATHERS LAND. some US have mortages, children to put through college, and WIVES. go ahead and light me up if YOU feel so inclined. i've seen YOUR threatening and aggressive replies when YOU took exception to something someone said in the past. aint shit to me. talk's cheap. no doubt this will be deleted. i only wish it stays up long enough for YOU to read it. bottom line, the rods were YOUR offer and YOU screwed the pooch w00t.gif

k

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif laugh.gif
ablose58
wacko.gif wacko.gif wacko.gif idea.gif idea.gif
rhodyguy
where have you been? i've missed the girls.

k
McMark
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 2 2005, 11:35 PM)
... no doubt this will be deleted. i only wish it stays up long enough for YOU to read it....

This is neither off topic, nor political. No one would delete it. This is the type of confusion the admin team is trying to eliminate. You have every right to be angry about whatever you want to be angry about. As long as a post is free from racial/gender/religious/etc slurs, excessive swearing, threats of violence, and these sorts of things, there's not a problem.

Of course if this thread turns into a shouting match, it may be locked. But not deleted.

I'm not taking sides here. Just trying to clear this tidbit up.
Jake Raby
I knew someone would say that...

It really doesn't matter....

I said time and time again that I was having to work on the rod stuff in my spare time, WELL when you are trying to keep the engine shop going, getting all the things smoothed out with a store that has only been open for a month with 800 inventory items AND trying to breathe life into a highly developed engine- there really isn't any "spare time". I don't have a "Secretary".... rebecca manages the parts store and has her plate just as full as mine, she also was working on the rods in "Spare time".

This big engine has killed me for 3 weeks solid and has taken two complete years to develop. Excuse me for trying to accomplish something by finishing it up! The rods were the least of my priorities while trying to reassemble this thing after a failure on the first dyno run.

Excuse me for sharing some of the information about my big engine with the club. While their may not be another one of these particular engines sold to the public (too time consuming) the heads will be as well as other smaller 26-2700cc engines that will feature them and still make ungodly power. When I came here posting about the heads and engine I never anticipated a teener owner would ever buy them-

I have not been trying to "Get out of this"-FYI. I already have about 1500 bucks in the drawings of the rods and I don't particularly like to lose that much money. From day one that I mentioned these rods (over two years ago) they have been a pain in the ass to deal with. The manufacturer is NOT easy to deal with- but they make a hell of a product. It wasn't my fault that the price went up, they never told me any differently! Would you have liked it better if I would have not mentioned it until the rods were done and then jacked the price up like everyone else does???

I tried to be as informative about this as I could. I tried to make it happen.

Another factor that plays into the deal getting cut off is the fact that I don't ever foresee being able to sell another 22 sets of rods in less than 2 weeks.

As far as living on "My father's land"..... There is a little more to that than you know and I suggest that you keep your mouth shut. Until you are forced to take care of a parent that is all alone in this world with Diabetes and severe heart problems that has to take 14 different medications before breakfast everyday you haven't experienced a hardship.... My shop is located here because I can't be away from my dad for more than a day or so without severe worries and there is no one else to take care of him. He is old and stubborn and won't allow anyone else to take care of him other than me- No nurses (He threw the last one out of his house)

I know when I'm wrong and I fight when I'm right. The mistake I made was handling the rods in the manner that I did by trying to organize a group buy. With so much talk about them it was only a matter of time before the emails started rolling in about misusing the forum and then a smart ass post finished it off.

This forum isn't like it used to be. The relaxed environment isn't here anymore and I think I'll take a hint from Mueller and disappear for a while.....

Be mad at me if you want. Its better to be mad now before the transaction is done as to be mad later when something else goes sour with the deal.

Thanks to all of you that sent in the checks and kept your word. I am sorry that the deal won't go through and I'm sorry to have made you waste the time and effort to mail me a check- I will mail it back to you on Monday.

Levi
I sold all of my 914's, plus I was tired of all the bull shit I was reading on here.
I checked in today on a whim and sure enough I find good ole Jake cryin...so I guess nothings new.... blink.gif
rhodyguy
i didn't even read your whole justifying reply. same ca-rap about how you undertook too much to quick. your business=your problem.

how about sending me back the $20 this cheap whinner sent you, when you were crying about how the lifter budget was through the roof, and you were BEGGING for help!!! again, MUCH too busy to send a personal thankyou.

k
Jake Raby
Will do.

I made several posts thanking everyone for the lifter fund money and tried my best to reply to every email that we got from paypal myself.

All those that sent me checks for the lifter fund got a paid invoice/ Thank you from me as well.

The lifter fund money was mucho appreciate by Charles and I, because of it we are very sure that we have a cure for the lifter issues, and Web Cam now knows what Billets work and which ones don't.
ablose58
Hi Jake, I never received an invoice and or receipt for lifter fund money? But I am glad that you made great strides w/lifters!!! AL Sorry that this rod deal went sour cause I really could have used them!!!
Dominic
Well this pretty much sucks !
We do have a bunch of F@#%ing cheap ass people among us who have nothing better to do but bitch about the cost of quality products or bitch about using precious BBS space. WTF people?

Here is to all of those who pissed off Jake....... finger.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Wow! Thanks anyway Jake.
redshift
I'd like to get in on the whining.

<--- look at that face!

M
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (redshift @ Mar 3 2005, 08:47 AM)
I'd like to get in on the whining.

<--- look at that face!

M

WHINER, WHINER, WHINER! bs.gif

What a petty, pathetic, cheap ass sumbitch you are for even posting on this forum. Your constant posts about how you are having soooo much fun with your 914 absolutely bore me to tears. smoke.gif

Where do you get off anyway? You live with guitars - IN GEORGIA, while I'm stuck up here in frozen CT with a mortgage - and a WIFE! grouphug.gif
It takes all kinds, sheesh. Now get off my back! slap.gif
I don't think you've ever returned even one of the compliments I paid you. I take them all back. spank.gif
happy11.gif
eeyore
Argh...

Unless I missed something, this got derailed by somebody not even in on the group buy...

Many of the negative things said about Jake could true, but at least he's got the balls stand up and offer product and innovation and take flack about it. I think that gives him more an excuse to be a 'crybaby' than any of us have for sniping at him, or at each other.

I think the trials and tribulations of building a 3.0 are more interesting than reading 1 of the 4 threads about the blog link.

Regards
Mark
william harris
Man, this place has really gone to hell in a hand basket! wacko.gif Those who don't want to participate in the group buy, screw off!!! Jake, thanks for all you have done and the whiners and bitchers can finger.gif
Mega914
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 3 2005, 12:51 AM)
I know when I'm wrong and I fight when I'm right. The mistake I made was handling the rods in the manner that I did by trying to organize a group buy. With so much talk about them it was only a matter of time before the emails started rolling in about misusing the forum and then a smart ass post finished it off.

Jake,

You talk a good talk when it comes to how hard you work. Why not trying working smarter for a change before you list the umpteen excuses why the deal fell through and go on the defensive?

You should have taken non-refundable deposits through your new store. After all the prmotion you did on your store I thought this would have been a perfect use of it.

You've got a right to be pissed off but you have to expect the replies you are getting because you overpromised and underdelivered.
TheCabinetmaker
Mega, thats no way to make friends on your first post. BTW, your vin# looks like you could be a San Mateo(sp) cop, or maybe Alfred.

Dominic, I had high hopes for these rods for the rebuid I am planning, but your attitude ain't gonna make many friends either.

I'd bet this is the exact kinda stuff that makes the admins wanta shut this place down. sad.gif

william harris
Send lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan! Now since I'm a lawyer, got plenty of guns (HK USP 45 and 9mm, P7M8, model 94 to deal with more crowded hostile environments, couple of 1911s, couple of shotguns) and enough money to indulge my Porsche interests - I'm sick and tired of these little twerps who are coming here to screw with us. The next sound you hear will be the click of the safety coming off! Lock and load, incoming!!!! ar15.gif flipa.gif pissoff.gif
Rusty
Jake closed the rod deal this morning. I'm closing this thread.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.