Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rear Sachs/Boge Rubber Shock Stop Bumper.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tach
914 rear Sachs/Boge rubber shock stop bumper part number 8 in the picture. What equivalent to use, original's NLA?

If anyone can get me the a dimensional length and outside diameter of the original. I could probably just buy some generic shock stop material and trim to fit.

Thank you,

Click to view attachment

mepstein
Ask around and see who has an old set of shocks. Must be thousands. But I agree. It's nothing special so find something that works and you'll be good.
Mikey914
I did procure a sample to do these at some point, but if they are available let me know.
914Sixer
Mark, that is for the front shock not the rear. Lots of used front ones around. The rear is similar BUT it has a steel washer in the top of the rubber that came un-bonded and fell off.

Paragon Products has one made by Koni. Part number is Koni-70.34.53 Looks like it just floats on the shaft with no steel washer. Another option maybe one from the 996 or Boxster in the second picture.
Mikey914
I'm confused. The drawing appears to be the rear the part I have looks like it may have been bonded to something. The tanish ones don't look familiar to me at all.

How can I tell if it's a front or rear as both drawings look similar?
914Sixer
The drawing looks to me like it is showing the washer in the center of it. It fits on the bottom of the threaded part of the shock. I will look to see if I have the washer part of the piece that the rubber is molded into.
Olympic 914
Don't know how this will work, but when I put my rear shock / springs together I just took some front rubber bumpers and using contact cement I glued them to the washer that was part of the original bumper on the rear shock assembly.

I figured that even if it came loose it would still be on the shaft and work the same as the Koni ones that just slide on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.