Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coldwater 914 Subaru conversion kit $1500
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
John1180
Bought this from Ian a while back, never used! Engine cradle and mounts, transaxle conversion kit, axle shafts, and cable shift conversion. Located in Seattle $1500
jmschneeman@msn.com
mepstein
I don't need the engine or transaxle mounts but I'll buy the rest if it gets split up.
jimkelly
how much for what mark does not want?
John1180
You guys get together and figure out how you want to split up the $$. If it adds up, I'm happy to do it that way
matthepcat
I need all this stuff too but the Bremar coupler and cradle.

Does the cable shift not come with the actual shifter assembly?
John1180

Does the cable shift not come with the actual shifter assembly?
[/quote]

The cable shift kit was made by Coldwater 914 to mate a Subaru trans to a Toyota MR2 shift assembly
flmont
How much for the cradel,but it needs to fit a flat 6 ???
mepstein
John - I sent you an email this morning. Thanks, mark
jimkelly
this mr2 shifter I think
John1180
Bump, still available
mepstein
I PM'd you but never heard back
Chris H.
The kit does not come with a shifter. MR2 like the one pictured is your best bet. e-bay or a pick n pull. They're cheap.
flmont
So whats up with the cradle,..is it available,..???
John1180
Whole package is still available

QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 26 2015, 04:13 PM) *

So whats up with the cradle,..is it available,..???

flmont
Hi,.John I just need the cradle but its got to fit a flat 6 ...EG33..??
John1180
I don't think it will work for a six, you could check with Ian at Coldwater.

QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 26 2015, 07:33 PM) *

madmax914
John, if you plan on parting this package out I will take the 2WD coupler and end plate. PM me and let me know. I would be interested in the cables and shift assembly for the right price.
Chris H.
QUOTE(John1180 @ Aug 26 2015, 11:24 PM) *

I don't think it will work for a six, you could check with Ian at Coldwater.

QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 26 2015, 07:33 PM) *

It work will for for an EZ30, rnellums is using it. The EG33 poses a couple of challenges. It's really the only engine that does. I started off with that cradle. It positions the engine very close to the firewall (almost touching) which is due to the fact that it is universal, fitting almost any Subaru engine available. It also requires you to use the stock engine mounts which are very expensive and frequently need replacement on donor cars due to age. They are liquid filled and unique to the SVX. If you had a way to fabricate solid engine mounts to use in place of the stock ones you could use it. For the EG33 it would be better to fab one using an older engine mount bar like mine is. Luckily someone much more talented than me made mine, but take a look at amenson's thread and you will get an idea of what it takes. Sorry to take over the thread, but maybe it will save some questions coming your way. It's a VERY STRONG, well-made cradle BTW. Something else will certainly break before it does.
John1180
Dropped price to $1500 for the complete set up
dangerranger01
PM sent
mepstein
I'll buy this. mark
mepstein
sold
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.