Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuneable Fuel Injection For your 914 for $1K
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 4
I am looking at on bring a totally programable FI system on to the market.
The system is a Type 4 specific setup that is both fuel and spark tunable.
It will work with a stock 1.7 or a big bore 2771cc.
The price will be about $1K.
I am seeing if this is of interest to you guys.
JmuRiz
Dang, I'm in the process of buying some Dell DRLA 45s. The FI setup sounds good though...especially remembering your tests with the kitcarlson stuff a few months back.
(EDIT: I was thinking this was Jake for a second)
BTW will this be a kitcarlson setup or something else?
MarkG
sounds good, especialy for a 2270.....
jwalters
If it can be done and had for a grand or even close to it--I believe it would pan out well--I am waiting myself for a decent, reliable, inexpensive system to come out so as I can replace my duals---I would have went with a stockish one but there is just so much clutter with that system--very difficult to make it clean and presentable and get good power numbers from.....
bd1308
totally flippin sweet!
dinomium
Im listenin Im listenin idea.gif
StratPlayer
I don't think you'll find any problem with the FI owners on a 1K system that works beerchug.gif
azbill
Who's the developer Kit Carlson, MegaSqu. or yours? Will be looking forward to see it. Keep around a grand and then I'm real interested.
Dave_Darling
What would be included with the kit? The "hard parts" (throttle, manifolding, fuel distribution system, injectors, wiring) can get really really expensive in a huge hurry.

--DD
Type 4
The system has Intake runners Throttle body ECU Injectors sensors Dizzy ect.
It will be a get it in tmail on Friday put it in on Sat drive it on Sundat set up complete with every thing in the box to get the job done even if you live in Waterloo Iowa.
sean_v8_914
what does it measure to determine fuel metering? Manifold pressure? intake flow? O2 out?
Type 4
Without going into detail it is a state of the art system.
It will control Fuel Mixture
Spark timing advance curve ie it will retard the timing at the upper RPM or if you turbo when the boost comes on.
Like I said Fully programable.

mike_the_man
Sounds pretty sweet! I'd be interested. If you could keep the price down and have it fully programable, I think it would fly. I'm also curious as to how you would monitor the mixture. I'm assuming you would need a lap top to do the tuning?

What ever happened to the Kit Carlson stuff? I haven't seen him post here in a while. Last I heard Jake was still playing with it. Is it ready? Any pricing for it?

Type 4
Yes you will need a laptop.

I dont know about the Kit Carlson.

Joe Ricard
I'm skeptical about the price and promises. Show me and I may buy. get one of the old 914 club guys to put on his car test / tune and on a dyno and I WILL buy.
Type 4
I will Have the first one hopefully on my 914 by the WCC.
I am building a 2563cc to test it with.
This engine has 48 x 36 valves and 86M cam with 9 to 1 Cr.
ematulac
I'm interested.

I was looking at the Redline kit, which is $3k+.
lapuwali
Not to put you on the spot, but a LOT more detail would be required, esp. for this crowd, which is better educated on EFI than most. $1K is a decent price, but it's not earth shattering.

You say "intake runners, throttle body, dizzy, etc", you're including ALL of that? Can we get the ECU only for less if we supply our own intake runners, throttle body, and dizzy?

Does it do data logging? Does it use an airflow meter?
nebreitling
you've got my attention. need details.
type47
i'd be interested for $1k
Jake Raby
I wanna see this.....

Bleyseng
Me too! What size is the manifolds? Plenum? Injectors?

Geoff thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Type 4
Patience
I will hopefully have it at the WCC ( this is my goal)and you guys can see it and drive it.

Like all electronic's the cost is dropping .

Remember the first calculator's were over $500 now they just can give them away.
rhodyguy
go for it steve.

k
Hi_Fi_Guy
Another great reason to attend WCC. You have my attention.
914werke
Hmmm Dizzy? What about a module approach so those of us who might be considering a crank triggered system could upgrade?
Flat VW
WITH ALL DUE RESPECT,

wavey.gif

In my business, we call this "vaporware".

Best of luck,

John
Type 4
The system can be used with a Crank fire the cost will be a bit less due to not needing the Dizzy.
martinef1963
QUOTE (Type 4 @ Mar 2 2005, 11:48 AM)
I am looking at on bring a totally programable FI system on to the market.
The system is a Type 4 specific setup that is both fuel and spark tunable.
It will work with a stock 1.7 or a big bore 2771cc.
The price will be about $1K.
I am seeing if this is of interest to you guys.

I have a BBK, EI, and stock CAM - is it compatible? You stated 1.7 "OR"..........

thanks
martinef1963
Sorry BBK is makes me a 1.9L. cool.gif
ThinAir
I'll be interested. Like others have said, it will take more details and some testimonials, but it sounds promising.
redshift
How much for a 2270, crankfired, and injected?

I like your website, and I have been thinking about making a westcoast roller thing. How much for me to drop a car, less engine package at your place, and pick it up ready to drive home?

Clutch, engine, injection, ignition, install.

Hurry up! I got nothing but time!

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.