Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Free 914" shared in January - Blog Updated
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Charles Danek
Hi All -

I have added 5 new entires to my 914 blog - thought I'd share with you the (very slow) progress.

http://coincd.com/sites/914/index.html

I have also added a link to 914 World on all pages.

Hope you enjoy!

Charlie
falcor75
Loved your story so far. smile.gif
EdwardBlume
["Dear Mr. Danek,

Just like you, your Porsche is an original, offering an unparalleled driving experience. You belong together, linked by distinction, admired by many."

Not sure exactly how this sentiment pertains to myself and the rotting old car in my garage, but there you have it.]

Well put. Awesome actually! aktion035.gif

nine11speedster
Great read! Thanks!
JmuRiz
So you were the one with that ebay ad, too funny.

Best of luck!
napasteve
Yes, a great read. I'm looking forward to following your project Charles. The metallic green is indeed a great color.
Dave_Darling
I love the Washer entry.

BTW, your "trivia" from your recent entry is incorrect. The 1967 VW Type III had Bosch D-jetronic FI. Even earlier, Chrysler actually used an early version of D-jet (Bendix Electrojector system) as an option on a very few of their cars, though the cars originally had carburetors that were removed by the manufacturer after they had been installed. Those very early setups were not reliable, and nearly all were swapped out because the early electronics were failure-prone.

The Type III was the first production car to have electronic fuel injection fitted on the assembly line.

The 1974 1.8 liter 914 was the first production car to use an EFI that measured the amount of air that was coming into the engine (L-jetronic), though.

--DD
Charles Danek
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 21 2015, 08:37 AM) *

I love the Washer entry.

BTW, your "trivia" from your recent entry is incorrect. The 1967 VW Type III had Bosch D-jetronic FI. Even earlier, Chrysler actually used an early version of D-jet (Bendix Electrojector system) as an option on a very few of their cars, though the cars originally had carburetors that were removed by the manufacturer after they had been installed. Those very early setups were not reliable, and nearly all were swapped out because the early electronics were failure-prone.

The Type III was the first production car to have electronic fuel injection fitted on the assembly line.

The 1974 1.8 liter 914 was the first production car to use an EFI that measured the amount of air that was coming into the engine (L-jetronic), though.

--DD

Thanks for the correction Dave. I have noted it on my blog. wink.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 21 2015, 08:37 AM) *

I love the Washer entry.

--DD

Dave, you are one fart smella!
Dave_Darling
I've read a lot... wink.gif

(Bosch bought the Electrojector patents from Bendix, and re-worked the parts until they got reliable electrical components and it was ready for prime time. That's when VW put it into the Squareback.)

--DD
JeffBowlsby
Actually....Dave you are SUPER smart but I owned a 1967 Type III and it had dual carbs. I think you got that data point from Brad Anders site...its not correct on that data point. I was thinking the D-Jet started with the 1968 or 69 models, not sure, but Wikipedia says:

"...Type 3 engine received a larger displacement (1.6 L) for 1966 (August '65) and in 1968 became the world's first volume production car to feature electronic fuel injection – pioneered by Bosch."

wink.gif
zambezi
My 1972 VW fastback came with carbs and was glad to not have the fuel injection. Of course I was young then (1989) and did not know anything about the fuel injection but did know carbs.
Mike Bellis
My 66 & 67 T3 had carbs. 66 was single port. 67 was dual port. All original. 1968 had fuel injection.

Cool story! I don't like the white font on gray background. dry.gif
Dave_Darling
I found the 67 info elsewhere. I thought the FI was an option for a while?

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.