Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has Anyone in Spokane Looked at this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cary
Has anyone in Spokane looked at this car ?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/5181259153.html
mepstein
Easily worth the money. Just the steering wheel will get you $200-300
mepstein
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 22 2015, 10:10 AM) *

Easily worth the money. Just the steering wheel will get you $200-300

foot rest, gearshift knob, ect.
Looks like an early rear bumper
5 minutes of removing parts will get your money back
cary
I don't want to be called a hoarder. LOL.

I'd like the American Racing Wheels. I always thought they were cool.
I just asked for pictures of the rust. We'll see if the person gets back to me.

No Harm no Foul if someone here takes it. I'd just like to know if its worth the 800 mile round trip. I passed up two good cars here at the coast of Oregon last fall. I himmed and hawed. When I finally got back to the guy, they were crushed for scrap. Both would have made great cars.
JoeDees
If that was within 200 miles of me I'd be hooking up the trailer right now and preparing to sleep on the couch for the next week.

Though I'm at least a year out, I want a rough 1970 for my next build.
EdwardBlume
If I ever get another 914, it will be a 3/70 build.
rhodyguy
for parting, the non-vent lower dash pad has some value if nice. same goes for the early dash top. it looks good in the portions shown in the interior shots.
stevegm
I would be interested in the rear bumper, dash pad, and targa pad, depending on condition and price.
914bub
doubled down,....sorry
914bub
Yep, rear bumper is what caught my eye. Looks EARLY. If in the right condition, to the right guy, you could re coup your cost on that alone. If it were close to me we wouldn't be discussing it still!

Go get it!

Edit. If you do get it don't sell any parts to Stevegm. If I recall correctly, (finding his engine) he dances on his kids beds, early in the morning, when such things happen and they are reportedly unamused!

av-943.gif
MSHax
If we're calling out parts, I'd like to buy the drivers exterior door handle and wiper arms. biggrin.gif

If I was closer I'd pick it up, looks like most of the car is sold from this forum alone tongue.gif
SirAndy
The rear bumper alone is worth the price of the car ...
shades.gif
cary
Haven't heard from the seller yet. If I don't get an email by tonight, I'll use the phone.
AXing tomorrow. If its still there at the end of the week. Maybe a Saturday road trip.
MSHax
QUOTE(cary @ Aug 22 2015, 02:13 PM) *

Haven't heard from the seller yet. If I don't get an email by tonight, I'll use the phone.
AXing tomorrow. If its still there at the end of the week. Maybe a Saturday road trip.

Because the owner is a member here, and after reading these came to their senses. You'll see a repost soon "porsche 914 parts" biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
Or someone hooked up the tow dolly and is in route. There will always be another AX.
Chris H.
QUOTE(cary @ Aug 22 2015, 04:13 PM) *

Yeah man go get that. He mentions a sheet metal piece for the trunk. If that's the restoration design part it's $180. And the fuel line. And "some other new part"...we HAVE to know what that is! Could be ANYTHING biggrin.gif ! Plus the dog bone footrest. The engine's worth something. But that rear bumper is the prize. And the steering wheel. And the dash stuff. Maybe the front bumper (looks like it has a tweak but maybe not).

Other than that...forget it.
cary
Waiting for human contact.................. nothing so far. sad.gif sad.gif

I've already got a PM from someone that wants to partner with me on the car.

Might have to send Super In Law on a mid week road trip. He'll be able to try out his new HF 12,000 winch. That's a whole other story. He has another Federal Highway retirement buddy that would probably go along for the ride.

I'll keep you posted. No news is usually not good news on deal like this.
rhodyguy
Weird weekend. Remember, a good portion of eastern wa is on fire. No telling exactly where the car is. Spokane....vague. I hope it works out for you. If the car had been on this side of the mountains, Everett south, I would have been all over it this am.
cary
We can all stand down .............

I got an email at 7:31 telling me that it was sold. Hopefully it will go to good use.
Ad is pulled. Maybe someone here ran out there and got it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.