Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how high are your wheel well tops to ground?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
mine - front 25" - rear 22" - i'm running 195/65/15 tires - i'd like front lower but it seems there is no travel in that direction : (
MoveQik
23" front
22 1/2" rear
Grelber
23 1/2 front and 23 rear with 205 55 16 tires.
mepstein
Thomas on the left looks good for a driver.
Eric's car on the right looks amazing.
914bub
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Aug 22 2015, 07:38 AM) *

mine - front 25" - rear 22" - i'm running 195/65/15 tires - i'd like front lower but it seems there is no travel in that direction : (

Mine is 24 1/8" front and 22 1/8" rear. From what I've read a lot of us are dragging butt due to weak rear springs. I'd love to have someone chime in who's installed new rear springs.

Not clear on what you mean by, "No travel in that direction". It is quite easily adjustable, (as far as lowering the nose), but you'd of course want to have a "proper" alignment after having lowered it. By proper, I mean a shop WITH porsche alignment experience. I haven't dropped mine more as I need to find "That".
Michael N
23 5/8 front and 22 3/4 rear on 195/65/15 tires.

Click to view attachment

Jeffs9146
You may need to re-index the front torsion bars.
Elliot Cannon
24 front. 22.5 rear.
jimkelly
I think you are correct : ) thanks

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Aug 22 2015, 01:44 PM) *

You may need to re-index the front torsion bars.

Big Len
Shouldn't you measure from the bottom of the fender to the center of the hub? Wouldn't that remove any differences in tire size? Or am I thinking wrong?
jimkelly
I agree. thought quick and dirty would get more replies : )

QUOTE(Big Len @ Aug 22 2015, 05:02 PM) *

Shouldn't you measure from the bottom of the fender to the center of the hub? Wouldn't that remove remove any differences in tire size? Or am I thinking wrong?

era vulgaris
To the ground I'm 22.5" in the front and 21.25" in the rear
r_towle
You can go down to as low as having the front a-arm level, but then you are at the bump steer level and will end up going back up a hair so you have a slightly tipped a-arm.

I believe for safety and handling, Elliott has it right with the rear slightly lower than the front.

I set the front then use a level on the bottom of the rocker to adjust the rear.

I use a block of wood, measure and cut exactly as I want for the front.
I put it under the adjuster area so I can lay down and drop the car from outside..
Drop it down to the block on both sides.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.