Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cpavlenko
I ordered these from 914Rubber, The side marker lens look good, but the front turn signal lens look terrible. There's a haze in a lot of areas on inside of lens, and finger prints in bedded in the plastic???? Tried some polish cutter, and it's still there. They look pretty bad in the daylight, and when there on they look worse. I tried my best to get a good picture, and i think this shows some of the problem. sad.gif blink.gif
mepstein
I think its good form to first contact the seller before posting of an issue or problem
KELTY360
agree.gif
cpavlenko
sorry bout that , not thinking...
Steve
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 22 2015, 11:30 AM) *

I think its good form to first contact the seller before posting of an issue or problem

agree.gif
But I would love to see a product feedback thread or forum. I have bought lots of stuff from part time vendors like Triad, Rich Johnson, 914rubber, etc. some great products, some products that require fitting, etc. Nobody likes surprises.
wndsnd
I am sure Mark would have swapped them out with another set before you messed with them.

Steve
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 22 2015, 12:06 PM) *

I am sure Mark would have swapped them out with another set before you messed with them.

They stand behind there products. Never had a problem with there customer service.
Mikey914
Yes no problem with replacing or exchanging. You can usually PM me here for fastest response as it's tied to my phone for notifications. I actually would have seen it before I saw it on the thread. I have nothing to hide, but I can deal with it faster.

As you can see we do hand cast these. and this one obviously was touched on face before it was post cured. I'm cross training my guys and try to keep an eye on what's being done, but it's easy to miss something with all that's going on. On the good side, our post cure process is good if you can't easily polish it out It does help show some of the behind the scenes on how these are made. They most definitely aren't made in a factory in China, the finger prints would be smaller. biggrin.gif

Drop me a PM with you last name (as usernames aren't cross referenced on the order side of things. I can look it up and replace, one / both, or whatever we need to do.

Just need to know what you want to do.

Thanks,
Mark
cpavlenko
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 22 2015, 02:44 PM) *

Yes no problem with replacing or exchanging. You can usually PM me here for fastest response as it's tied to my phone for notifications. I actually would have seen it before I saw it on the thread. I have nothing to hide, but I can deal with it faster.

As you can see we do hand cast these. and this one obviously was touched on face before it was post cured. I'm cross training my guys and try to keep an eye on what's being done, but it's easy to miss something with all that's going on. On the good side, our post cure process is good if you can't easily polish it out It does help show some of the behind the scenes on how these are made. They most definitely aren't made in a factory in China, the finger prints would be smaller. biggrin.gif

Drop me a PM with you last name (as usernames aren't cross referenced on the order side of things. I can look it up and replace, one / both, or whatever we need to do.

Just need to know what you want to do.

Thanks,
Mark

Sent PM, thanks for the quick response.
mankowski

They most definitely aren't made in a factory in China, the finger prints would be smaller. biggrin.gif

I appreciate you standing by your work. However, let's keep negative racial stereotypes out of it.
dabird
QUOTE(mankowski @ Aug 22 2015, 10:49 PM) *

They most definitely aren't made in a factory in China, the finger prints would be smaller. biggrin.gif

I appreciate you standing by your work. However, let's keep negative racial stereotypes out of it.

I took that more as Chinese factories are known for using child labor
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(mankowski @ Aug 22 2015, 10:49 PM) *

rolleyes.gif
cpavlenko
popcorn[1].gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(mankowski @ Aug 22 2015, 07:49 PM) *

Sorry, I got it incorrect, we're just too tall..my bad.
at 1:45

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=crazypeop...p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asb
messix
my experience with all marks products have been top notch in service and quality and in follow up questions.

Mikey914
Checked my inventory, looks like the last time we recast this mold (a few weeks ago) someone wasn't using gloves when casting. This is an issue on our end that will take about a week to resolve, but I will be selling seconds in the classifieds soon. We are recasting and should have materials available in about 10 days.
-Mark
76-914
QUOTE(mankowski @ Aug 22 2015, 07:49 PM) *

BIOYA.
Downunderman
Any chance you will be doing the Euro version of these?

Cheers,
Mikey914
QUOTE(Downunderman @ Aug 25 2015, 12:10 AM) *

Cheers,

Yes when I recast I'll set it up so we can.
Mark
EdwardBlume
I love stereo-types - I listen to rock and roll.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 25 2015, 03:22 AM) *

QUOTE(Downunderman @ Aug 25 2015, 12:10 AM) *

Cheers,

Yes when I recast I'll set it up so we can.
Mark

Great
Downunderman
Excellent. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.