Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennshift or Sloppy Shift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'm debating whether to go with the Rennshift or a stock shift for the /6. It has a carb'd 2.4 /6, and a RennLinkage from the firewall to the box.

On one hand, the Rennshift is a fine piece of machinery, a key to going faster. On the other side, its a 2.4 and I'm thinking more of classic vibe....

Any thoughts on matching the /6?
Steve
A lot of it is preference. JW at Otto's was big on stock. Longer throw is easier on the syncros. I ran a weltmeister short shifter and hd springs before switching to a rennshift. Both kept me from hitting reverse and a better shifting experience. The rennshift was the best for me. I have used it with my 2.7, my current 3.2 and now with my 916 trans.
mepstein
Aircooledracng is big on stock.
I bought a rennshifter and linkage kit.
Cairo94507
Rennshifter and the whole kit for my Six.
PanelBilly
Just the stock setup with everything in good condition. It's part of the adventure of driving these cars. If you want an easy shift, get a new vette with an automatic.
EdwardBlume
Stockish it is! cheer.gif
EdwardBlume
Pict
EdwardBlume
Pict
somd914
I've only ever driven one 914 with a Rennshift which I found to be a great improvement. It's on my wish list, but too many other higher priority items keep it on the wish list instead of on the installed list.

However, it's your car, do with it what brings you a smile to your face. You can't please everyone, so please yourself.
carr914
RennShifters have gone into all my cars in the last 8-10 years
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.