Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cruisin' Grand - Escondido: Friday, September 4, 2015
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
ddill
Cruisin' Grand - Escondido - Friday, September 4, 2015.
5 pm -8 pm

Some Cruise Nights are once or a couple of times a year, maybe once a month, Cruisin' Grand in Escondido is every Friday night from the first weekend in April to the first weekend in October. Some consider it to be one of the largest cruise nights west of the Mississippi.

For the first time, North Juniper Street (side street to Grand Avenue) will be closed off and reserved specifically for pre-'74 Porsches; 356s, 911s, 912s, and 914s.

Historically, Cruisin' Grand has been only for pre-74 American Cars. This year I persuaded the organizers to allow a special 'foreign' marque (Porsche) to display on one of the closed off streets usually reserved for American iron - Juniper Street.

Every Friday night, there are usually three local bands and a DJ playing vintage 50's, '60's and 70's music with a wide variety of casual dining options along Grand Avenue.

Please access the reserved pre-'74 Porsche parking on North Juniper from the alley way (north and parallel of Grand) or Valley Parkway. North Juniper will be closed off to traffic starting at 4:00 pm and will re-opened to traffic at 9:00 pm.

Email me at doug@cruisingrand.com with any questions.

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Doug Dill
Cruisin' Grand - Volunteer Staff
1973 911E Coupe
PCA #1987109761
Early 911S Registry #548
matthepcat
Too bad for the 74, 75 & 76 drivers. screwy.gif

Not that the hot rod guys would even know.
ddill
Sorry matthepcat, one step at a time, I got the organizer to let in the pre-'74 Porsches for September 4th. And the Cruisin' Grand hot rod guy organizer knows ALL CARS by model year. A later next step is to persuade him to let in slightly newer cars.

QUOTE(matthepcat @ Aug 22 2015, 10:43 PM) *

Too bad for the 74, 75 & 76 drivers. screwy.gif

Not that the hot rod guys would even know.
Cuda911
I 'll try and make it.
Cuda911
I 'll try and make it.
ddill
Beginning of the month 'bump' reminder. Looking forward to all the pre-'74 914s that can make it.

Please pass the word to your 356 friends too.

Thanks,
Doug
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.