Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to Replace all Brake Lines - Anyone Used this Kit?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VWTortuga336
Going through the brake system, going to need to replace all the hard lines as well as soft lines. Has anyone used this kit from AA? Looks like they are pre-cut to length and come with fittings already attached. If this isn't a good option, where should I be looking?

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-Steel-B...LK99347906.html
rhodyguy
Precut? Maybe correct. You bend em'. Why not just purchase a serviceable used set in the classifieds? Call ** and ask what the handling charge is.
DavidSweden
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Aug 23 2015, 05:22 AM) *

Going through the brake system, going to need to replace all the hard lines as well as soft lines. Has anyone used this kit from AA? Looks like they are pre-cut to length and come with fittings already attached. If this isn't a good option, where should I be looking?

I have used a similar kit on another car, Its a good option if you do not have a good pipe flaring tool.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(DavidSweden @ Aug 23 2015, 08:28 AM) *

QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Aug 23 2015, 05:22 AM) *

I have used a similar kit on another car, Its a good option if you do not have a good pipe flaring tool.

Would I be better off just buying uncut line and fittings and renting a bender and flaring tool?
Mblizzard
Pretty sure PMB has them pre bent to the correct angles. For me anyway it was always difficult to bend brake lines with out kinking them somehow. There are some interesting bends so I would go the pre bent route.
mepstein
PMB had a kit that was scanned from nos and prebent to the correct shape. Actually 3 kits with different price ranges. Eric is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to brakes. George/AA - well, not so much...
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 23 2015, 09:02 AM) *

PMB had a kit that was scanned from nos and prebent to the correct shape. Actually 3 kits with different price ranges. Eric is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to brakes. George/AA - well, not so much...

I didn't see a kit on the PMB website, just individual pieces. Does anyone have the link to the kit? I would much rather support Eric than, well, the other guy....
mepstein
Call or email them.
rhodyguy
the phone # for PMB is listed on it's site. why not just call and inquire? unsure.gif too easy? dry.gif after all the hoopla regarding **, i fail to understand why anyone even bothers. wacko.gif
DRPHIL914
I got all my brake lines from pmb. Replaced all the front hard lines from master cylinder over and rear lines from the proportion valve back etc. Perfect fit, no issues
tach
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 23 2015, 08:27 AM) *

Precut? Maybe correct. You bend em'. Why not just purchase a serviceable used set in the classifieds? Call ** and ask what the handling charge is.

I have restored (4) 911s and (2) 914s I always go to to the Porsche dealer for the brake lines, they are pre bent and fit perfectly and the job is 10 times quicker and easier. And I would add the price was very reasonable. I did try to bend several lines once early in my restoration days and it was aggravating and ugly, I never did that again.
Cairo94507
I guess I could have bought from Porsche, but I would rather support out own guys.

I bought everything for my brakes, including all new "green" lines, pre-bent, for my Six from PMB. Their service is unmatched and when you call, they answer the phone and know what they are talking about. PMB for me.
Spoke
Go to Eric at PMB.
VWTortuga336
I just left the sales rep at PMB a voicemail biggrin.gif

Thanks guys beerchug.gif
wndsnd
Can not go wrong with PMB.

Can not say that for the other guys.
Eric_Shea
Factory lines are 4-5x the price of ours and we use the same components. biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2015, 05:13 PM) *

Factory lines are 4-5x the price of ours and we use the same components. biggrin.gif

I have the stainless steel brake lines from PMB and they are a work of art!
SKL1
another vote for Eric and PMB...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.