Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Valve adjustmet tools
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TTurboS
We have available feeler gage tips for the P213 tool in the following sizes: .004, .005, .006, and .008. These tips cover all the VW and Porsche air cooled cars. We have the 7/8 inch version and 1 3/8 inch version. The short version is $2.15 each and the longer version is $2.90 with a minimum order of five (5) pieces. The P213 tool is available for $5.40. Many of my customers who have cars that have different clearances for their intake and exhaust valves buy two tools. It is a PITA to change the tips for each valve you adjust. The two screws can be aggravating.
Shipping is by Priority Mail ($5.25) Longer versions can be special ordered. Payment can be made using PayPal (you pay the 4% fee) or by sending a check or money order.

If you are interested in purchasing the Valve Adjustment Tool and/or Feeler Tips, please provide your email address and we will forward you the order form.

Applications:
- Porsche 911 backside method requires .0025 for GO and .003 for NO GO.
NOTE: 12 inch strips for .0025 and .003 are available for the backside method at $5.00 each
- Porsche 911 traditional method requires .004 for intake and exhaust.
- Porsche 356, 1600, A, and C cars require .004 for intake and .006 for exhaust; 356B, 356S, 356S-90, and 356SC require .006 for intake and .004 for exhaust.
- Porsche 914 1.7 and 1.8 cars require .006 for intake and exhaust; 2.0 cars and those with sodium filled values require .006 for intake and .008 for exhaust.
- Porsche 912E requires .006 for intake and .008 for exhaust.
- Porsche 912 requires .006 for intake and .004 for exhaust.
- VW requires .004, .005, or.006, opinions vary.
- Caution, Feeler gage material is steel and should be protected with oil.

Procedures for doing valve adjustment on the above cars can be found on Pelicanparts.com, 356 Registry, and various other internet sites.

Verify these clearances for your car in your owner’s manual.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
913B
I am interested, just waiting to hear from those with experiences with the tool chime in as far as short or long. I have wanted to get one of the tools.
biggrin.gif popcorn[1].gif
bdstone914
Hello,

Can you identify who you are and who is the manufacturer of those tools?
Typically these types of commercial ads should be in the member vendors section.

It would be interesting to see how well that tool works on a 914 with the limited clearance in that area.

Bruce
rhodyguy
He sold a car here recently. I've met him. Just a regular guy selling feeler gauges.
brant
My experience with that design tool on the tight confines of a 914 was mediocre.

It worked really well on a 911 though

The wurth shape was. A little more 914 friendly

euro911
I adjust the 'BB' to zero lash smile.gif

If I decide to order, I'd be getting:

* Three (3) P213 tools (3 @ $5.40 = $16.20)

... however, I don't think I'll ever need five of each of the blades though confused24.gif

.004 (long) - (5 @ $2.90 = $14.50)
.006 (long) - (5 @ $2.90 = $14.50)
.008 (long) - (5 @ $2.90 = $14.50)

That means a minimum order of five of each blade thickness would be an additional $43.50 sad.gif ... making the total with shipping a nickel less than $65.00 WTF.gif

Ted, let me know if you order these, I may tag along and split some of the blades and the shipping (boy are we CSOBs or what?) laugh.gif
913B
Dang you opening up a shop Mark?
I probably order just 1 tool and one of .006 and .008 blade but not sure short or long ?
euro911
No, I'm closing a shop poke.gif

If one has different clearances, I think it would be best to order separate tools already set up with the different thickness blades (it's only $5 for an additional P-213 tool). I deal with T1, T4, 356, 912 and 911 motors, so three separate tools would be best for my needs.

But, if I have to purchase five of each blade, I might look around for something else, unless a few others here want to partner for some of the blades confused24.gif

If you order two P-213 tools and pay for the shipping, I'll give you the two blades you need - how's that sound?

Then maybe I can sell off some of the other extra blades to others here that want to buy just the tool(s) and want some extra blades? confused24.gif
913B
Ok, I am game I will buy 2 tool and pay for shipping, hopefully the $5 shipping will cover both our orders.

TTurbo S is that alright we combine our shipping ?
TTurboS
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Aug 23 2015, 12:30 PM) *

I am interested, just waiting to hear from those with experiences with the tool chime in as far as short or long. I have wanted to get one of the tools.
biggrin.gif popcorn[1].gif

Please provide an email address and you'll get an email with an order form. Thanks, Larry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.