Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cap'n Krusty
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
I drove down to Santa Maria today to attend the memorial service for John Larson, better know around here as Cap'n Krusty. Markb was also there. It was a very nice service with I estimated to be at least 300 people in attendance. RIP John.
rick 918-S
Thank you for posting sir.
shoguneagle
Rest in Peace and praying for the family.

Steve N Sandy Hurt
JawjaPorsche
This forum is not the same without him. Miss his krustiness.
brant
You really can feel his difference around here

Thank you for posting this!
theleschyouknow
yep thanks for posting
the world is diminished without his presence
RIP John
prayers to your loved ones
EdwardBlume
Good of you and Mark to pay your respects! Thanks for sharing. This place isn't the same without the Cap'N..
Cairo94507
Rest in Peace ol' Krusty One - we miss you every day as you left a big hole in all of us when you passed.

However, now that you are "up there", considering your vast hard-drive of knowledge and considerable talents, I would like to ask if you would look in on us from time to time to see how we are doing as stewards of these wonderful cars so they can be preserved and come to no harm, allowing in the future, a whole new group of people to experience and love these beauties. clap56.gif boldblue.gif
euro911
WTF? Where was this posted?

His son sent me a PM, but never followed up with the date mad.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 23 2015, 10:02 PM) *

WTF? Where was this posted?

His son sent me a PM, but never followed up with the date mad.gif

So, you're angry at Johns Son for not notifying you? This wasn't a Porsche 914 event to be "posted". This was for family and close friends. I only knew the time and place through a close friend of Johns and I live close by. I left immediately after the service and didn't stay for the reception because I hadn't been asked by the family to be there. I only posted this to let all his Porsche 914 friends even if they were just "cyber" friends that John had a Beautiful service and a great send off. RIP
Ian Stott
Thank you for letting us know. He was a very big part of this place.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
euro911
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 24 2015, 12:28 AM) *
So, you're angry at Johns Son for not notifying you? This wasn't a Porsche 914 event to be "posted". This was for family and close friends. I only knew the time and place through a close friend of Johns and I live close by. I left immediately after the service and didn't stay for the reception because I hadn't been asked by the family to be there. I only posted this to let all his Porsche 914 friends even if they were just "cyber" friends that John had a Beautiful service and a great send off. RIP
Of course I'm not angry at him, Elliot, give me a break. Unfortunately, I'm quite aware of what families endure during the mourning process and was simply waiting for additional information after his original PM confused24.gif

John and I were good friends and shared a passion for all flavors of Porsches, and I will cherish that friendship for the rest of my days. Maybe I should just be more selective when using emoticons in my posts? dry.gif ... or maybe just stop posting here altogether.

Thank you for sharing with us, much appreciated ...

would be great to have all of these 914 friends invited to the memorial.. we are planning on having something very nice at the vets hall in SM. let's talk to Lyn and make sure the invite goes out as soon as the details are locked down.
We are so sorry for your loss and would be honored to attend your dad's memorial service.

My wife and I were out of town and didn't know about his passing until several days after we returned sad.gif

Please keep me informed. email would be the best way to contact me, as I don't frequent the 914World forum as much as I'd like to.

Thank you,
Mark & Dianne Scheidemantel

email: xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com ... ph: xxx xxx-xxxx
maf914
Thank you for the post, Elliot.

Rest in Peace, Cap'n.
DBCooper
I have a lot of respect for that man.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 23 2015, 04:26 PM) *
RIP John.

sad.gif
markb
It was good to see you Elliot.

Yes, it was a nice service. I saw many people who had been patrons of West Coast Garage.

I didn't stay for the reception either. I was approached by person after person about the people we had sent them to after the shop closed, and how the service provided wasn't up to the standards they were used to with John. It's too bad there are so many shops out there who don't care about customer service any more. John put quality first, and that just doesn't seem to be the norm these days.

There is a huge hole in my life now that he is gone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.