Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Won contest to meet Magnus Walker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iwanta914-6
On a whim I entered a contest on a local radio station to meet Magnus and go to the grand opening of Porsche Minneapolis.

Low and behold, I actually won! I (and 3 guests) was invited to the radio station to meet Magnus today and get tickets for the grand opening tomorrow. Unfortunately the time of the meet and greet doesn't work out for me on such short notice, but I may swing by and pick up the tickets for the grand opening.

I never win contests like this and of course when I do win, the timing is not great, lol.
iamchappy
I would enjoying going..
EdwardBlume
Take your 914-6 for inspiration!!!! aktion035.gif
iamchappy
i wish i had known about this, there having a minneapolis road rally starting at 9:30 leaving the dealership...
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 24 2015, 09:56 AM) *

i wish i had known about this, there having a minneapolis road rally starting at 9:30 leaving the dealership...

Here's the rundown I got for what's happening tomorrow.
9:30 - Quick tour of the new dealership with remarks from the General Manager and Magnus

10:00 - Rally begins

11:30 - Rally ends at CoV in Wayzata for drinks and Lunch with Magnus.

I should have the tickets this afternoon and I could meet you this evening and give you a ticket or two if you can make it tomorrow. I'm probably not able to make it tomorrow but may give the other tickets to my parents unless I can get out of work. That way my dad could get out and drive his 991. Weather should be fantastic tomorrow.
iamchappy
They are saying it's today.

Summer is drawing short but Nord Stern’s activities calendar is warming up as fast as the most recent dialogue on Club Talk. Here are some events you should get on your calendars and get out and enjoy:

First, and just announced, a Rally being conducted by Porsche of Minneapolis with Magnus Walker. This is not a “sanctioned” Nord Stern event per se but they wanted an invite to go out to all Nord Stern Members:

Who: Porsche of Minneapolis event with an invitation to all Nord Stern members
What: Porsche of Minneapolis Grand Opening / Rally with Magnus Walker (a legendary Porsche collector and restorer)
Where: Porsche of Minneapolis; 9395 Wayzata Blvd
When: August 24th, with a 9:30 a.m. tour of the new facility, a 10 a.m. rally, and an 11:30 rally conclusion at CoV in Wayzata for lakeside beverages and lunch with Magnus Walker.
How: By driving your Porsche.
Please RSVP for numbers to Eddie Rediske
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 24 2015, 11:03 AM) *

They are saying it's today.

Summer is drawing short but Nord Stern’s activities calendar is warming up as fast as the most recent dialogue on Club Talk. Here are some events you should get on your calendars and get out and enjoy:

First, and just announced, a Rally being conducted by Porsche of Minneapolis with Magnus Walker. This is not a “sanctioned” Nord Stern event per se but they wanted an invite to go out to all Nord Stern Members:

Who: Porsche of Minneapolis event with an invitation to all Nord Stern members
What: Porsche of Minneapolis Grand Opening / Rally with Magnus Walker (a legendary Porsche collector and restorer)
Where: Porsche of Minneapolis; 9395 Wayzata Blvd
When: August 24th, with a 9:30 a.m. tour of the new facility, a 10 a.m. rally, and an 11:30 rally conclusion at CoV in Wayzata for lakeside beverages and lunch with Magnus Walker.
How: By driving your Porsche.
Please RSVP for numbers to Eddie Rediske

Interesting, the tickets are being dropped off by Porsche at the radio station today. Meet and greet with Magnus at 3:45pm and pick up VIP tickets for tomorrow's grand opening. The Grand Opening must be separate form the Rally event that apparently is going on right now? If you're not doing anything, you could probably still go to CoV in Wayzata, I'm sure Magnus would love to see your 914!

Still want tickets for tomorrow?
JmuRiz
Looks like he got a warm MN welcome:
IPB Image
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Aug 24 2015, 11:20 AM) *

Looks like he got a warm MN welcome:
IPB Image

Oh effin great! So sad that had to happen and here in Minneapolis of all places! I hope it's some sort of a hoax!
iamchappy
Yes i do, I am having intermitant stall problems with my car, i replaced the ignition switch over the weekend but still having the same problem. it ran for 20 minutes without a problem i turn it off and tried starting no go. waited 15 minutes started again ran fro a few than stalled, it is ignition as i have a no spark condition when it fails, Alternator or the MSD ignition, may run and get a new MSD ignition just to eliminate that.
I would love to show my car to him, he would most certainly like......
Chris H.
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 24 2015, 12:49 PM) *

...may run and get a new MSD ignition just to eliminate that.
I would love to show my car to him, he would most certainly like......

DO IT! (Easy to say when it's not my money ain't it? biggrin.gif ). He'd LOVE that thing, especially since you built it yourself. He's had a bad day. Take him for a ride even. Might need an air sickness bag...I know I would.

iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 24 2015, 02:11 PM) *

DO IT! (Easy to say when it's not my money ain't it? biggrin.gif ). He'd LOVE that thing, especially since you built it yourself. He's had a bad day. Take him for a ride even. Might need an air sickness bag...I know I would.

I read a reply to that tweet of the picture that MW avoided a head on collision with a vintage MBZ by sliding #277 resulting in what we see in the picture. Glad he is okay, the car can be repaired.
rick 918-S
Just read this. In a meeting.
Take a picture of the guy and you post it SO we all can join in on the fun-smile.gif
rick 918-S
Go Chappy! Take him for a ride!
iamchappy
Just met Magnus about 20 minutes ago, went to pick up a new MSD ignition and thought id drive by the Porsche dealership on the way back, there he was chatting to another guy i know. He had just had a ride in a 918 Spyder,
told him i might see him tomorrow and bring my car if i get it running.
Big goings on there, there bringing in all the nice cars from 550's to 918's and race cars.
'73-914kid
Click to view attachment

Looks like he won't be driving #277 to rennsport this year..
iamchappy
Plugged in the new MSD and all seems to be working so far, i will have to mount it and clean up the wiring as i had the box sitting on the trunk lid while testing. This may have been the problem all along as it surfaced at the time of the car washing the old MSD must of seen some moisture.
If all goes well Magnus will see my car.
Maltese Falcon
Chap, you should let him drive it for a few blocks (you navigate ). He will no doubt get the bug for a boosted 914 drooley.gif
Marty

iamchappy
The guy is really tall I don't know if he can fit in it, sort of like the wilt chamberlin video in one. He drove some nice cars today he just got done driving a 918 when I said hi.
dangerranger01
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 24 2015, 05:07 PM) *

The guy is really tall I don't know if he can fit in it, sort of like the wilt chamberlin video in one. He drove some nice cars today he just got done driving a 918 when I said hi.

I remember in one video on youtube where he talks about his car, he mentioned that he did some custom pan work so he would sit 2" lower....i'll have to try and find it.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Aug 24 2015, 04:31 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Looks like he won't be driving #277 to rennsport this year..

I got a chance to talk to him for a bit and he said his goal is to get 277 ready for Rennsport
rick 918-S
Glad to see you may have sorted the issue Chappy. That's a bad hit on that 911. unsure.gif WTF.gif
Chris H.
Boy that is a nasty. Glad he got away unhurt. That door/rear quarter is toast.

Rick, bring the Alien down there!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 24 2015, 08:56 PM) *

180 miles away and I'm working 16 hrs a day now. dry.gif I can't get away.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 11:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 24 2015, 08:56 PM) *

180 miles away and I'm working 16 hrs a day now. dry.gif I can't get away.

How long is this Grand Opening? All week? I will be in St. Paul Thursday in the Office. Maybe I can drive over after work.
iamchappy
The Grand Opening is tomorrow, i think today was the good day to participate with the rally around town. Tomorrow will be more for the wine and cheese crowd the PCA group.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.