Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Body Shop near Austin, TX with 914 experience
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ned911
Does anyone have a recommendation for a body shop near Austin (or DFW) that has worked on 914's. Not excited about being someone's guinea pig.

Have some surface rust - sails, wiper buckets. Might be looking at a color change as well.

Thanks,

Ned
stinkindiesel
No recommendations, but I'm very interested as well. There's some bodywork in my future...

Gary
914Sixer
I am over in Boerne and I have no one to recommend.
rstover
I can't recommend a body shop, but recently had my engine rebuilt for my bumblebee in a shop in Marble Falls. The shop name is European Import Repair and the owner and mechanics name is James Cox. I was sort of flying blind when I took the car to him and there were the, it seems, the typical over runs. The engine rebuild was completed just before Christmas of last year. It took me until the first of August to get 500 miles on the engine so I could take it back and get a oil change and valve job. The engine has the original Fuel Injection. Today my wife and I took a 80 mile morning drive and no oil was used. The engine runs better than I would have ever expected and it starts on the first crank. He is restoring 2 911"s from ground up and when I was there about 3 weeks ago they were back from the body shop and they looked great. I do not know the body shop but he might help, but no promises. All I can say for now that my Bumblebee is running great.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.