Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6s at 1970 factory tour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
purloined from Early911sregistry
rick 918-S
What is that hand wheel on the rear rotor for on the Delphi car? Come to think of it, it's not Delphi.
914Sixer
The car dolly in very interesting.
Unobtanium-inc
The factory was really into those 3 wheel dollies, and while they are great on nice flat surfaces they are horrible anywhere else. I bought an A Coupe body from a guy one time who had copied the Factory dolly, try getting three wheels onto a trailer and then try keeping it in one place, it was a nightmare.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 04:58 PM) *

What is that hand wheel on the rear rotor for on the Delphi car? Come to think of it, it's not Delphi.

After lunch on Friday install of steering wheel. beer3.gif
rgalla9146
The steering wheel looking thing on the rear hub is a tool.
It allows Klaus to turn the axle to the ideal position (and hold it ) so that Otto can tighten each CV bolt.
ezbngreen914
My first thought after seeing these photos was "those aren't vintage photos... those are clearly PMB Calipers!" beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(ezbngreen914 @ Aug 24 2015, 11:09 PM) *

My first thought after seeing these photos was "those aren't vintage photos... those are clearly PMB Calipers!" beerchug.gif

Ha! I was thinking same thing.

Who will photoshop E into the pic?
euro911
Nice photos smile.gif
gereed75
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 08:58 PM) *

What color is that???
euro911
Color Chart: Click here
dug
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Aug 24 2015, 08:31 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 24 2015, 08:58 PM) *

What color is that???

It's Green Metallic
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Hawk @ Aug 25 2015, 02:51 AM) *

purloined from Early911sregistry

Great pictures from inside the plant. Normally hard or not to get.
Colours? I would say tangerine and green metalic.

Are there only these two or some more pics?

JeffBowlsby
Here is Green Metallic:
johnhora
you know what is the most interesting thing about the first pictures is that they put these things together just like most of us work on them today.....rolling around on a creeper under a jacked up 914 smile.gif
EdwardBlume
I wonder what the factory workers thought about the 914 at the time...
GeorgeRud
There is also a picture in the Excellence book that shows the workers pushing the 914-6 chassis on one of those dollies across the street from the coach works to the assembly line. Can't imagine that sort of thing these days except for Morgan, Koenisegg, and other small specialty builders.
bandjoey
That steering wheel is a great idea for Capn Krusty valve adjustment! Thanks for the pics.
euro911
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 28 2015, 06:41 AM) *
I wonder what the factory workers thought about the 914 at the time...
For many, probably just another paycheck confused24.gif
nine11speedster
Very cool!
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 28 2015, 03:46 PM) *

There is also a picture in the Excellence book that shows the workers pushing the 914-6 chassis on one of those dollies across the street from the coach works to the assembly line. Can't imagine that sort of thing these days except for Morgan, Koenisegg, and other small specialty builders.

Could you load up this/these pictures, please? Would be great!

Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.