Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tartan shift boot & new shift knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Briby37
I'm in the stage of an idea where I need some validation on some silly little interior modifications (and additional ideas if you have them).

I'm thinking about trying to do a red tartan shift boot to match the red tartan seats in my 914 (link to pictures below). I don't think that's too much red, but at the same time, it feels like a lot of red.

http://www.motoroso.com/531600026cae5/Gara...28843520/My-914

Anyone try it? Know if Mark from 914 rubber can whip something like that together? Or maybe just get a small swatch of material? I'm not too shabby with a sewing machine, so it can't be that hard if I can't get a pre-made piece, right?

Also looking for some ideas for a new shift knob. Thought maybe just a simple billet version would look good - anyone have issues with them getting untouchably hot in the sun?
Cairo94507
This may be a case of less is more. I vote no tartan shift boot. I love the seats but the shift boot might push it over the edge.
euro911
Not something that I would consider, but it's your car, so go for it confused24.gif

As for a shift knob, metal might get hot if exposed to the sun, but if it's not a dark color, probably won't get too hot. It WILL be cold on freezing cold days.

I have a tan leather-wrapped one with a little metal Porsche insignia buried in the top. It feels good at all temperature levels smile.gif
Briby37
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 25 2015, 03:29 PM) *

Not something that I would consider, but it's your car, so go for it confused24.gif

As for a shift knob, metal might get hot if exposed to the sun, but if it's not a dark color, probably won't get too hot. It WILL be cold on freezing cold days.

I have a tan leather-wrapped one with a little metal Porsche insignia buried in the top. It feels good at all temperature levels smile.gif

The teeners on here have seen most things, and can often give a good heads up if something is going to be ugly, non-functional, or harmful. Always best to get your opinions, and go from there!

Lots of sun here, and few really cold days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.