Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting close to actual driving
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
loux951
Long story short...My wife about four months ago asked me when I was going to finish the projects. Bottom line, she got my ass in gear. After 16 years of turning damn near every bolt on this car, and spending a whole bunch of money over the last four months, I will be taking my teener to the Cruzin the Coast in Mississippi this October for a debut run. I've got plenty to do between now and then but I can finally see the end of the tunnel! piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

loux951
QUOTE(loux951 @ Aug 25 2015, 01:51 PM) *

Long story short...My wife about four months ago asked me when I was going to finish the projects. Bottom line, she got my ass in gear. After 16 years of turning damn near every bolt on this car, and spending a whole bunch of money over the last four months, I will be taking my teener to the Cruzin the Coast in Mississippi this October for a debut run. I've got plenty to do between now and then but I can finally see the end of the tunnel! piratenanner.gif

I can't figure how to rotate the pic in here...but you get the point!

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Very cool! Keep us all posted and keep the pics coming. We live vicariously through the pictures of other 914's being worked on.....
PanelBilly
Sounds just like my story.
JawjaPorsche
beerchug.gif
Shadowfax
Sweet! Nice to see another nice Louisiana 914. driving.gif
wes
Making me feel good as mine is also close to done (been saying that for about a year now) after close to five years!
euro911
Looking good - you got a lot done in 4 months thumb3d.gif

Having a happy wife is always a good thing too shades.gif
bcheney
Keep up the momentum...don't you dare fall short...congratulations on getting after it!
EdwardBlume
Get 'er done! smash.gif
mepstein
Make sure the insurance is current.
jimkelly
rotated
JRust
Awesome. Take pics at the cruizin! Should be a momentus day aktion035.gif
loux951
Updated Hagerty the day I trailered her back from the body shop!
loux951
Spent the Labor Day weekend adding more parts...getting real close to finished (or at least Road Worthy).

The windshield is in shipment right now as well as parts for the front bumper and my seat covers. I have all the other interior pieces and they go in after I install the door windows.

This weekend I did the following:

- Installed the foglights. The original car did not have these, but I had already installed the relay and switch from a parts car. Plugged in and work great!

- Installed the rear bumper. The original had chrome that were completely trashed. I bought this painted one from a German car repair shop about 10 years ago. The owner's son told me it came off his 914-6 that we wrecked in the early 1980s...not sure if its true but its a good conversation piece! I have one license plate light to add still since one of the electrical connects was broken.

- Installed the locking mechanisms on both doors.

- Installed the lower front targa gasket on the windshield frame.

- Hooked up all the signal lights and troubleshooted the rear back up lights. I'm going to replace the switch (its got a cracked connector) and check the pin when I install the new one. If the pin is worn (or missing) I'll make a new one.

- Installed the sail trim.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.