Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think of this car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike1981
Hello

Saw this ad on CR

I am concerned that it needs adjustment to the valves and carbs

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5177684132.html
vintage914racer
I've seen the car. The owner works at Auto Edge in Mahtomedi. I unfortunately know nothing about it, but I would assume that if it's owned by an employee at a reputable shop that it should be in ok shape?
Mike1981
Thanks

Did not know the owner worked at a shop

My question is why would he not get it tuned and adjusted at his shop?

mepstein
Why do many mechanics have 1/2 done project cars? Happens all the time.
carr914
Why do Bodyshop owners drive cars that look like Rat-Rods (but not on purpose)?
JoeDees
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 26 2015, 06:42 AM) *

Why do many mechanics have 1/2 done project cars? Happens all the time.

Interesting question...probably the same reason why I work as a writer/journalist and have 5 half finished books...
Kraftwerk
the cobbler's son's run barefoot...
rjames
Seems kind of silly to have a wide-bodied 914 like that unless you plan on replacing the engine with something to match.
Mike1981
I agree

When I asked about a big bore kit the owner did not know said he would call the previous owner

Sounds funny to me
rhodyguy
Not enough speakers for the stereo? wacko.gif a little too much 'personal taste' on the interior for me.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 1 2015, 09:51 AM) *

Not enough speakers for the stereo? wacko.gif a little too much 'personal taste' on the interior for me.

My thoughts exactly!
Cairo94507
That stuff can be ripped right out - make no mistake, that is exactly what I would do.
sean_v8_914
good starting point at 5k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.