Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One of the last 100 914's produced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
dcheek
This is one of the last 100 914's ever produced. No affiliation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-2-...em=231664819356
Tom_T
FYI for the onlookers & prospective buyers....

Looks to have an early OT gauge in the console, which should have the wider red band of the 74-76 cars. Odd to have it changed out with the far less common early gauge (73 only)!!??

Also check for consistent records from day 1 to verify 58k miles - as I think it may have a 100k or more in front of that, due to wear items.

Also, anyone looking at this as an entrant for PCA Preservation Div. at Concours, it has too much changed on the interior IMHO to qualify. Zone 8 rules are 75% of factory paint & 75% of factory original, just so you know (Central Coast Region is part of our Zone 8).

Interesting find! No affiliation, but noticed myself on evilbay, due to the color combo my 73 2L was & will go back to in my resto.

You'll want a full PPI at that price, & have all mechanicals checked.

I don't know what "...passed smog not so long ago...." means, but a dealer is required by CA law to sell it to an in-state buyer with current valid smog passed & current registration. With the scarcity of parts on the smog system & crapalytic converter nowadays, along with the requirement to pass smog every 2 years in CA - this one may be hard to keep on the road here, but not as much of a problem in the other 49 states.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

era vulgaris
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 26 2015, 05:34 PM) *

Looks to have an early OT gauge in the console, which should have the wider red band of the 74-76 cars. Odd to have it changed out with the far less common early gauge (73 only)!!??

Wider red area OT gauge was 73 only. It has the correct gauge. You got it backwards! biggrin.gif
http://www.p914.com/p914_gauges_temp.htm
914werke
Early speedo ...w/58K
rhodyguy
What's with the fuse panel? While it photographs nice, kinda shoddy. No, real shoddy.
Shadowfax
QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Aug 26 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Wider red area OT gauge was 73 only.

And early '74 models. Mine is an August '73 build with the wider red area on the temp gauge and also has the silver dot gauges.
era vulgaris
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Aug 26 2015, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(era vulgaris @ Aug 26 2015, 05:50 PM) *

Wider red area OT gauge was 73 only.

And early '74 models. Mine is an August '73 build with the wider red area on the temp gauge and also has the silver dot gauges.

No kidding? Then I fulfilled my daily quota for new things learned! biggrin.gif
era vulgaris
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 26 2015, 06:53 PM) *

Early speedo ...w/58K

So I emailed them about that, asking if they could verify mileage since the speedo wasn't original, and if they could explain why the car has an early speedo.
Here's the non-answer I got (complete with spelling mistake):

"I bought the car from the lady who had owned it from 1978. She told me the meage was original, I have no reason to disbelieve her. Thanks, Russell"

Mmm, hmmm.......
rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.