Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 914 Chronicles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Briby37
Just figured that I'd let you all know that I'll be writing about my experiences as a 914 owner over on Kinja. I thought that this wasn't really the place to do it, but figured I'd share a link once for those that maybe can relate. Only one post in, but maybe you'll enjoy it.

http://ninefourteener.kinja.com/
Tom_T
Well written .... & yes, you can do those things on here, but without the whizz-bang tags & such.

Interesting choice - the 75-76 Tartan on a 74, but it's yours to make yours! And that red tartan which Mark sells looks the same as or exceedingly close to the one available in the day on 914s & VWs (same fabric then for both).

Take it out for some car events for fun, even if only for display vs. judging! Everyone in the Porsche-world seems to love seeing a nice one nowadays!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Briby37
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 26 2015, 02:55 PM) *

Well written .... & yes, you can do those things on here, but without the whizz-bang tags & such.

Interesting choice - the 75-76 Tartan on a 74, but it's yours to make yours! And that red tartan which Mark sells looks the same as or exceedingly close to the one available in the day on 914s & VWs (same fabric then for both).

Take it out for some car events for fun, even if only for display vs. judging! Everyone in the Porsche-world seems to love seeing a nice one nowadays!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. I'll continue to post questions and be involved here. It's too great of a community not to.

I figured the seats would be easy enough to change back should someone, someday, want to really restore it back to original. I liked the look, so went with it.

I will definitely be taking it out once I'm back home (and it's back with me). I've promised my wife rides and smiles!
914Sixer
914's are made to be enjoyed the way YOU want them!
Tburt52359
Tom,

Those Tartan seats were an option on the 1974. I purchased my 74 1.8 in 1979 from the original owner purchased from a dealer in Lancaster , Ca. The Tartan red plaid seats were installed. Since been replace, but I am in process of re-doing in red Tartan. Just my 2 cents.
wndsnd
Hi Brian,

Good to see you are enjoying your car and I hope you are well.

It has been fun tracking your 914 adventure.

Build the car to your taste and drive the snot out of it. Do not give it a second thought.
Briby37
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 26 2015, 08:05 PM) *

Hi Brian,

Good to see you are enjoying your car and I hope you are well.

It has been fun tracking your 914 adventure.

Build the car to your taste and drive the snot out of it. Do not give it a second thought.

Thanks, everyone. And nice to hear from you, John!

More to come here. I still have a couple of weeks until I'm back home to enjoy the car - trying to help make this new business successful - but I'll be trying to share thoughts as I go and hopefully learn some cool stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.