Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where can i find a good monthly 914 Magazine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 freak
ohmy.gif I can't find a good monthly magazine all about the 914.I am tired of looking at the VW mags at the local store.Can anyone help.
Dave_Darling
There isn't one.

The 914 Owner's Association used to put out a quarterly magazine, but that seems to have fallen apart.

The Renegade 914 Club used to put out a monthly, semi-monthly, quarterly, annual magazine, but that is long gone.

The Porsche Club's national magazine, Panorama, usually has some smidgen of 914 content. Not always, but usually. Sometimes they have a lot more, but that is pretty rare.

The Porsche Owner's Club has a quarterly magazine (very slick, for a club!!) that has some 914 content, even if just in the race results.

Nine Magazine is a new mag that often (from what I can tell) has at least some 914 content. Hopefully the mag will be getting a lot more professional in the near future.

911 & Porsche World has a 914 correspondant. All three issues of that mag that I've read have had a report from that correspondant on his car. Dunno if that's every issue or not.

The editor of Excellence magazine is a 914 guy. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean we get a whole lot of 914 content. Usually there is a little, sometimes we get one or two articles. (Usually "glamor pieces" on some big-buck Six conversion and/or race car.)

If you want all 914 content, the on-line BBSes are about it from what I have found.

--DD
Brad Roberts
Freak,

(sounds funny calling you that)

Dave is correct. You wont find anything on the shelf with 914's in it. At one point in time (late 80's) HotVw's used to talk about the 914's. The big mag for 914 stuff was VW Porsche (now european car). The demand for a dedicated 914 publication just isnt there. They sold almost 300,000 more 911's than they did 914's... so the market is very small.

I want to do a Porsche TV show like Hot Rod TV. We would cover at least one 914 topic each week.

B
Chris H.
Not a monthly teener mag, but Grassroots Motorsports recently did a 5-part resto on a '73 2.0.

GRM

Go to the project cars section for a preview. I just noticed the latest update, and it looks like they are having one hell of a time keeping that thing running.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Jan 27 2003, 03:16 PM)

I want to do a Porsche TV show like Hot Rod TV. We would cover at least one 914 topic each week.

and as you know, brad-meister, i have A LOT of ideas for that TV show smile.gif (add BIG grin here)
Mueller
Hey Andy.....do any of your ideas involve sacrificing small animals?? smile.gif

oh....did you get your keys??
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 27 2003, 05:09 PM)
Hey Andy.....do any of your ideas involve sacrificing small animals?? smile.gif

oh....did you get your keys??

yes, i got the keys. thanx again ...

hmmm, hadn't thought about those animal things, hmmmm ....

nope, just plain crazy stuff you can do with 914s ...

Andy
Mueller
oh yea...that must have been Jon Watts that mentioned something about small furry animals and Duct Tape ohmy.gif

oh boy...it's going to be a long drive down to Dunkels with him now biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.