Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 1.7 with factory sway bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914ltd
First time I've seen one. I worked at the dealer when these were new and I wasn't aware a 1.7 could even be ordered with sways. There isn't another factory option on the car, only the original dealer installed Sapphire radio. This is a "barn find" that the owner wants me to sell. It hasn't been driven in 20 years.
Any other 73 1.7's with factory installed bars out there? Brad
johnhora
Brad...I had a 73' 1.7 years ago that was originally purchased in CA(1.7 CA Smog Engine)...I bought it from the original owner and it had the front sway bar ...also fog lights....had never been modified
914Sixer
1.7 could be ordered with any option that was available at the time. Sounds like the dealer had a oops when ordering the car with only one option. Back in the 70's when I sold cars you could check any block and it was added to the build sheet. No one to stop you from ordering what you wanted. Now days try ordering a vehicle, the computer has so many roadblocks and rules to confuse you.
JawjaPorsche
Bought my 73 teener new and it came with sways. $107 option.

r_towle
904 candidate
Montreal914
Looks like a clean car! smile.gif
A good wash and it should sell quickly.
maf914
QUOTE(johnhora @ Aug 27 2015, 10:07 AM) *

Brad...I had a 73' 1.7 years ago that was originally purchased in CA(1.7 CA Smog Engine)...I bought it from the original owner and it had the front sway bar ...also fog lights....had never been modified

Did your car come with only a front sway bar, and no rear bar? I thought the option was "Stabilizer Bars, Front and Rear" as indicated on the option sheet above. idea.gif
pete000
Wow, Radio antenna was 47 bucks !

They are only 25ish now ! That must have included labor to install it...
gms
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 27 2015, 07:37 PM) *

904 candidate

av-943.gif

rear reinforcement plates sure look stock, nice find Brad!
914ltd

Thanks to all. Something to learn everyday. Brad
Dave_Darling
One of the joys of 914 ownership--even after working on 914s for their entire existence, you can still find out new things about them! (Brad has been working on these cars since they were new.)

--DD
914Sixer
I am pretty sure the $47 was for the power antenna not the standard one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.