Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torque for Exhaust System Bolts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gfg3
Just got my new exhaust system from Dave at Triad West. I can't seem to find any torque specs for the bolts that attach the system to the heat exchangers. '75 2.0 with stainless steel heat exchangers, Victor Reinz metal gaskets. Normally I just tighten mufflers/exhausts until there are no strange noises and/or obvious leaks, but for a change I thought I'd check for the proper procedure.

Recommendations??? Thanks.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Aug 27 2015, 04:49 PM) *

Just got my new exhaust system from Dave at Triad West. I can't seem to find any torque specs for the bolts that attach the system to the heat exchangers. '75 2.0 with stainless steel heat exchangers, Victor Reinz metal gaskets. Normally I just tighten mufflers/exhausts until there are no strange noises and/or obvious leaks, but for a change I thought I'd check for the proper procedure.

14 to 18 lbs on the HE's. Do not overtighten!

I got some good advice earlier this year when I was putting my SS HE's and Triad on...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=Heat+Exchanger
screenguy914
QUOTE(gfg3 @ Aug 27 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Apply anti-seize to all threaded fasteners. You will regret later if you don't.

Sherwood
gfg3
Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.