Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk/frunk dimensions, CAD?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steammachine
Hi there,

I'm looking to build a EV conversion and wanted to test out battery packaging in the frunk/trunk and probably the gas tank areas.

I know there are a couple old drawings of the 914 out there that I can extrapolate from, but I thought it was worth a try to see if anyone else has modeled up any of this space.

Thanks!
madmax914
Contact SHIFTev, we had a Dinner with some of the Oregon members and he brought his electric 914. Awesome conversion.
Chris914n6
I'm sure you can find pics with batteries installed. That should get you in the ball park if not answer your question.

The 914 is possibly the worst car to add 1000lbs of Leakacid batteries to. I'd pick something newer and stronger.
steammachine
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Aug 27 2015, 02:45 PM) *

Contact SHIFTev, we had a Dinner with some of the Oregon members and he brought his electric 914. Awesome conversion.

Thanks! Will do.

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 27 2015, 03:41 PM) *

I'm sure you can find pics with batteries installed. That should get you in the ball park if not answer your question.

The 914 is possibly the worst car to add 1000lbs of Leakacid batteries to. I'd pick something newer and stronger.

Trying for 360lb of Lithium-ion instead. biggrin.gif
Chris Pincetich
Going with re-built Prius batteries, an old Leaf battery, or something custom?
I bought my 914 for an EV conversion, but currently lack funds to do anything other than continued rustoration and lots of driving driving.gif

Good luck beerchug.gif
Kansas 914
These dimensions might help: http://www.914world.com/specs/bodydims.php

Chris914n6
QUOTE(steammachine @ Aug 27 2015, 04:03 PM) *

Trying for 360lb of Lithium-ion instead. biggrin.gif

Much smaller. I'd shoot for saddling the motor then, with the control electronics in the rear trunk. Even if you double stack it, they will be lower cg than a sbc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.