Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rockers ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
I'm interested in finding out what kind of PORSCHE bottom Rockers these are ..? (Pictured).. Are they just a Plastic cover .. And where can you buy them ??
Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Beakster @ Aug 28 2015, 11:17 AM) *

I'm interested in finding out what kind of PORSCHE bottom Rockers these are ..? (Pictured).. Are they just a Plastic cover .. And where can you buy them ??
Click to view attachment

Do you have a flared car?

Good luck.

http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-914-Abs...anels-srch.html
Johny Blackstain
They've been around for a long time, they're plastic/fiberglass & replace the stock steel ones. They do not fit flared cars & have to be modified to do so. They were on my six when I bought it & I took them off & sold them to be replaced with smooth fiberglass ones designed for flared cars.
whitetwinturbo
Which vendor sold you fiberglass rockers?
whitetwinturbo
............and which vendor sells the "piping" that surrounds the matte black's flares?
porschetub
QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Aug 29 2015, 05:58 AM) *

............and which vendor sells the "piping" that surrounds the matte black's flares?

Type 1 beetle fender molding has been used before for this,cheap and cheerful.
Dave_Darling
I believe that the rockers with the raised letters did have flared-out ends that were supposed to match up with the GT fender flares.

Though I recall that whoever made them had some very loose definitions of "match up"...

--DD
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 28 2015, 08:31 PM) *

I believe that the rockers with the raised letters did have flared-out ends that were supposed to match up with the GT fender flares.

Though I recall that whoever made them had some very loose definitions of "match up"...

--DD

Dave, they do have flared out ends that match pretty damned nicely w/ a narrow body, but they're not even close on GT flares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.