Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inspiring thread: Dawn Patrol
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
Last week. there was this inspiring thread here about a Dawn Patrol trip.

Since the weather is still fine overhere in Holland (for two more days, that is before Fall kicks in...), I decided to get up early this morning for a trip down country lanes. So, at 5:30 AM, I pushed the car out of the garage, on to the street. My driveway is next the my neighbours' house and there are children sleeping on that side of the house.

A quick start, a few blips with the throttle and off I went!

What a great way to start the weekend! No other traffic than some supply trucks heading for the supermarkets, traffic lights only blinking their yellow sign. Fantastic. I took a road north, a watched the sunrise on the right hand side of the car.

In all, a 100 miles trip. Again, the car ran perfectly.

One thing I need to address this winter... the headlights are not really the best / clearest I've seen on a car. I think that better lights are a valuable upgrade. All advice is welcome off course.

So, take your Teener out for a Dawn Patrol trip and enjoy the car before it's too cold, wet or windy.

Menno
sb914
I love dawn patrol runs. No one around.
BeatNavy
Nice. I think some folks here have been very happy with the GE Nighthawks. Here's a thread that goes into that a lot: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=2104756

I guess they're not cheap.
23e Heure
A thread like this needs some dawn patrol photos! I'll start...

This was me last month:
6,000 revs at 6am, with 600 miles to cover across the north of France by sundown...
With a start like this, you just know it's going to be a beautiful day...

IPB Image
914Sixer
Yes, there is nothing like a early morning run !!!
76-914
biggrin.gif They're the best, aren't they? The car and it's driver enjoying the Dawn of a new day, in solitude! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.