Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-jet L-jet engine miss fix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
catsltd
Just a quick help for people trouble shooting a miss on a injector car.

In the first picture you can see the injector plug looks pretty normal.
Thats how it looked when it was in the car.

In the second picture this is the same plug cut from my harness.
You can see the difference.

This happens if your harness plug is bent.
But even more crazy is I put in a piece of wire when I was trying to clean it,and it slid right back.
So what ever is holding the connector in place has broken,or something.

So even if it looks good looking at it,the second I plug it in it will slide back and sometimes the car ran perfect and then 10 minutes later it would start to miss on that cylinder.
This was found out thanks do Dave darlings help in another thread I had started.

Anyway this is for someone like myself having a fit with random misfire,hope it might help.
SLITS
there is a little tang on the connector. If it is flat or broken off, the connector will slide right out of the plastic holder. If flat, you can bend it up and it will secure the connector in the holder. If broken ................
catsltd
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 30 2015, 10:48 AM) *

there is a little tang on the connector. If it is flat or broken off, the connector will slide right out of the plastic holder. If flat, you can bend it up and it will secure the connector in the holder. If broken ................

Thanks for that.
I did notice the gap between the connector is wider one 1 side as well.

I have installed new injectors,so changing out all the connectors will eliminate future problems.
Looks like the engine had a fire,so I have a lot of things that I would like to redo.
JeffBowlsby
So why did you find it necessary to cut the entire harness plug off and not just replace the wire terminal?

That is an L-Jet connector BTW. Found on 1974-75 1.8L 914s, the D-Jet cars are different.
catsltd
I am replacing the plugs and connectors,not interested in trying to fix it.
The new connectors look much better than my 40 year old ones.
Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.