Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ugh It Never Ends - Fire wall Shifter Coupler Stripped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mblizzard
Well was putting my 75 side shift rod back in and stripped out the Shift Coupling Screw at the firewall headbang.gif going to try a time sert but waswondering if anyone might have a cheap one one hand as a back up?

Need quickly!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 31 2015, 06:28 PM) *

Well was putting my 75 side shift rod back in and stripped out the Shift Coupling Screw at the firewall headbang.gif going to try a time sert but waswondering if anyone might have a cheap one one hand as a back up?

Need quickly!

I have them. pm me or email at bdstone914@aol.com. can mail tomorrow.
Bruce smoke.gif
euro911
Mike, you might want to order some spares for your mobile go-bag. You're stranded if you lose one in the field idea.gif

Another goodie that should be in everybody's go-bag is one of those little clutch cable clevis thingies and a couple 11mm nuts ... already attached to a spare clutch cable shades.gif

Click to view attachment
brant
They can also be welded by a skilled welder and then re-drilled and tapped
euro911
Sorry, I mis-read another one. I thought it was the screws you needed - doh

hide.gif
Mblizzard
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 31 2015, 08:33 PM) *

Mike, you might want to order some spares for your mobile go-bag. You're stranded if you lose one in the field idea.gif

Another goodie that should be in everybody's go-bag is one of those little clutch cable clevis thingies and a couple 11mm nuts ... already attached to a spare clutch cable shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Yep got that in car. But all of the threads in the AL disappeared some how! But I got a couple coming so I have a back up.
euro911
biggrin.gif
McMark
You can also helicoil them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.