Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How tall is a 914? Car dimensions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JoeDees
I realized I may have a storage area for another car, but am worried the cars may be too tall. I would measure my car, but it is currently on the rotisserie...

Anyways, the storage spot is 15ft long, 7ish feet wide but only about 4 ft tall, maybe 4'6". I figure letting air out of tires could buy an inch too if necessary.
JmuRiz
Depending on the suspension settings, mine is 47" with stock-ish diameter tires.
JoeDees
SWEET!!! Thanks,
Andyrew
Thats with the engine in the car.. You can also add weight to the trunks to drop the car down.
walterolin
Deflate the tires?
VWTortuga336
I think most 914's are about 55". I know mine is. But only because it lives on jack stands beer.gif
theleschyouknow
don't know how high mine is but its low enough to get under the lift arm/barrier in my work parking garage should I forget my entry card biggrin.gif
cjl
TheCabinetmaker
1230mm or 48 1/4"
euro911
Click to view attachment
mgp4591
Stock height for those who don't comprende metric- 48.425 inches... approximately.
eric9144
Couldn't Resist posting this pic "for reference" first.gif
Click to view attachment
euro911
So, if he doesn't have enough head space, ditch the 914 and get a GT-40? poke.gif
JmuRiz
Or a 906/910/907/908/917 etc biggrin.gif
dlkawashima
This should work ... 5" lopped off.
IPB Image
euro911
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't look right for some reason confused24.gif

It looks great from the waistline down though aktion035.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Sep 3 2015, 01:20 AM) *

This should work ... 5" lopped off.
IPB Image

Well, just as long as it's photoshopped... icon8.gif
dlkawashima
I don't know if it's real or fake, but here's a page (actually 3 pages) about it:

http://vintageracecarsales.com/portfolio-v...che-914-custom/

Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
This tall....

Click to view attachment
JoeDees
Bones Brigade is too high for my budget, though once in my skateboarding days I ollied a gap over a Jeep Cherokee.
r_towle
Dropped as low as the suspension will allow without modifications, running 205/50/15

42"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.